Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Colours and other things........

Monday morning we walked a bit later so the light was a little better for taking photos......we were treated to a rainbow (which I am sure ended over our house)....autumn colours and running water - not much running water, but a bit more than we have seen in the creek for a long while.....





.....back at home the computer tech -aka the prince - had a go at fixing the computer......yes.....that is a screwdriver .......decided that discretion is indeed the better part of valour and put it all back together to take offsite....

More progress on the braid quilt.....the braids and one applique panel finished - this is a pic of two of the braids and the centre applique panel.....hopefully the top will be together this weekend.
Our little stitching group will get together on Saturday and one of us is leaving for a trip around Aus for a few months....I stitched a little needle case for her.....I can post this pic because I don't think she reads this blog.....if you are Linda....look away now! LOL


The time has slipped away again this morning - time I wasn't at this computer!!! there is another one waiting for me at work...

Enjoy your day........Lorraine

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you made a wish over that rainbow? The quilt top is coming along nicely, can't wait for the end result.

Levin said...

that needle case is gorgeous - as too are your photos. wasn't the running water beautiful. we went to the botancial gardens on Sunday and there was water in the creek! the ducks were having so much fun.
your quilt looks great!
l
x

Leanne said...

Your quilt is looking lovely and that needle case is very cute. Love the photos isn't it nice to have some wet weather.

Kris said...

I love the stitching on the needlecase and your quilt is beautiful too! We have been loving the rain, especially the sound of it on the roof.

Beertje Zonn said...

The quilt is lovely!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
Beertje Zonn

Anonymous said...

That needle case is sooooo adorable!!!! I just love it.
Sharon
redgeraniumcottage.
Sorry, using my hubbies computer.

SewAmy said...

this is wonderful. I want to do this block. How do I get a pattern? It is so cute.

SewAmy said...

Hey, I actually meant the little camper and car pattern. The needle case. It is adorable. The quilt pattern is cute too though. That is neat that you also have a Jonah in your family.