Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back.....from holiday....back .......to work.......I'm back!

Thanks for all your comments on my recent posts........we had the best time away this past weekend...it was hard to leave the cottage and this great view:


Thanks to Bruce and Fay who were fabulous hosts.....we also did some exploring in the Deep Creek Conservation Park as well as catching up with my eldest daughter her partner and little Dylan who is just gorgeous....can you tell I biased because I am his granny!!!

........the stitching was supposed to stay home, yikes how did that get there ......

I finished Lynette's Noah's Ark kangaroos and started on a Cinderberry Stitches stitchery......

oh and I went back to work today!! It was great to be back.....did that sound sincere????? ....... no seriously........!! and it is only three days until the weekend......

I am going to visit Hetties Patch on Sunday morning for the Biggest Morning Tea fund raiser.....and hopefully catch up with a few Adelaide bloggers......we called past the shop yesterday on our way home so I could place where the shop is on Port Road (which is quite a long road)......so now I know where it is.....and will have no trouble navigating on Sunday morning....the was a yummy red and white quilt in the shop window that I am looking forward to looking at more closely when I visit........

Kris has tagged me - thanks for that Kris......I think................I will play along, but won't tag anyone .............but feel free to join in if you want........
What was I doing 10 years ago?
...bringing up two teenagers on my own

Five things on my "to do" list....
what...only five...which five will I choose?
1 win x lotto and retire
2 visit Alaska
3 walk more
4 finish all the quilt tops in my sewing room
5 finish making quilts for all my grandbabies

Snacks I enjoy.......
this is where I say carrot sticks and celery (and I would be lying)

Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
retire
visit Alaska and walk more - the finishing of the quilts naturally follows ......
Places I have lived:
Yallunda Flat (oh yes there is such a place!)
Campbelltown (in two states)
London
Cairns
Adelaide
Ringarooma....(don't you just love that name!)

I could go on......there has been a lot of moving around in my life.....!!

Thanks (I think) Kris........made me think about where I have been!

Well.....time I was off this computer - I have quilts to finish and walking to be done!!

Will leave you with a few pics from the weekend.....

the view from the cottage.........

wind turbines.....I liked the way they contrast with the gnarly old trees.......

....the Deep Creek Conservation Park.......


...a resident of the Deep Creek Conservation Park....

.....a "cottage" in the cottage garden......loved this!!


'Til next time......................Lorraine

10 comments:

Nic said...

It all looks lovely. And what a sweet little grandson.

Unknown said...

What a Lovely spot you had your weekend at,Cute Grandson by the way...noticed you said you lived at Campbelltown would that be NSW..cause guess what...me too!!
Love the Cottage at the end,Gorgeous....Hey I'm not on your Blog list Yet!!!!
cheers
maree

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lorraine! Thanks for playing tag! Seems there are a few of us who've moved around a bit! Geek Boy and I sat down to work out the exact number of moves each of us have had and each had 18 from birth to now! Whew! No wonder I can't find things! Tee! Hee! Hee! Loved your pics, particularly the view from the cottage - I think I'm as green as the grass with envy! Glad your weekend was a special one! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Chookyblue...... said...

pleased you had a lovely time away........

Suzanne said...

Beautiful photos...beautiful grandchild. Only 3 more days until the weekend! Enjoy work!

Suzanne

Levin said...

so good to hear you had a great weekend away.
i will definately be there on Sunday so I look forward to meeting you and the others.
port road is a very long road - but you only need to get as far as hettie's! have a safe trip down and we'll see you there.
l
x
ps i know that red and white quilt - it's on my 'to do' list!

Anita said...

Looks like a lovley place to visit, glad you got to have a break.

Leanne said...

Pear Tree Hollow is looking a lot greener. You had to take stitching because there is a chair in the corner with a light just perfect for stitching LOL. See Yu Sunday

quiltygal said...

Hi Lorraine looks like a good time away I am going to the BMT at Hetties so hope to catch up
Claire

Kris said...

Your holiday looks so pretty! We are lucky to live so close to such beautiful places, aren't we? Hey! You pine for Alaska? Have you been there? I would love to go there.