Monday, July 7, 2008

Another Finish......and not just the weekend!

I am sure Saturday and Sunday are shorter than work days!! They always seem to go faster! Woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the roof....very welcome rain!! Hopefully we get some good falls in the next few days......
Milly, inconsiderate as she is, has not contacted me at all during her travels.....hopefully she is maintaining her silence and not berating post office workers or anyone else for that matter.....not sure when she will arrive at her new home but will let you know when she does....!! Of course it may well be that she is rejected (her manners are not that great!) and will be looking for another home.....we will have to wait and see!
Spent Saturday afternoon at the football watching Mark play......the boys had a big loss which was disappointing but the other team is very strong this year and are almost certain to play in the grand final if current form is any indication. Saturday night I had a big night of stitching planned.....party animal that I am.......but ended up having an early night....again I reiterate...party animal!! LOL......

Yesterday I spent a bit of time in the sewing room having a tidy up.....sort of stocktaking if you like...LOL.....yep enough stock there to last me a while....a long while!! the Prince, Chelsea and I went for a walk in the afternoon just before the rain came and I have included a couple of pics from the walk......the old vines are on a block not far from us and haven't had any attention in a long while.............

.......the deer are in a large "park" attached to a private residence .......Chelsea always thinks she is a hunter and they can't see her......I think they are a wake up to her though!!

But......I did manage a couple of finishes ............... one I can cross off Peg's Challenge list....the little Cinderberry Stiches quilt.......Lynette Anderson's latest block in her Noah's Ark BOM.... and a non stitching finish.....The Winding Ways Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini which the library girls delivered to my desk on Friday afternoon.....thanks girls...very much appreciated...today it will be back in the system for the next reader.....


Apologies for the quality of the pics....very dark here this morning!!

Have a great week.......

'Til next time.....................Lorraine

18 comments:

Leanne said...

Wet and cold here this morning. We could be party animal together I did the same thing on Saturday night.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just lovely and congrats again...

Unknown said...

Love your finishes, well done on more crossed off the list.

Unknown said...

well done Lorraine on doing your Noahs Ark already, mine is still in the printing stage, well I have been busy in my sewing room this weekend, still going at it.!! love your little Cinderberry Quilt.
have a good day
maree

Suzanne said...

You sure are a busy girl, even on those short rainy weekends!

Hop Milly checks in soon...traveling around at such a young age!

Suzanne

Texan said...

Your embroider on is very pretty! Looks like you get quite of bit of it done too!! Lovely!

Hope your bunny made it to her destination ok :O)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lorraine! It's cold, overcast and icky here today (AGAIN!!) so I'm about to go park myself in front of the heater and a DVD and stitch! Of course, I feel there should be regular breaks for hot chocolate in this afternoon's proceedings! I'll be humming "The Baby Elephant Walk" before I'm finished if I'm not careful! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

loulee said...

Yay! A finish. How many left to complete the challange?

Do the vines still produce fruit?

May Kristin said...

Congrats on your finishes!
Hope you'll soon hear from miss Milly and that she will behave nice!
Have a nice week!

Helz said...

Fascinated with Miss Milly's Whereabouts??? Way to go on the Finish Five's...

Kim said...

Lovely stitcheries! I'm so envious of your rain! It's supposed to be 105 degrees here today. I think I need to get a summer home in the southern hemisphere! LOL!

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh ...I do agree with you on the weekend part..I´m sure they are at least 8 hours shorter!!!
And another finish...pheeww...well done... and...the Noak´s blocks too... oh my... congratulations!

Doris said...

Your Cinderberries quilt is VERY cute! Great job with the "finish"!

Jo said...

Love your cinderberry stitches quilt and well done on finishing you BOM, you are so quick.I have just finished the kangaroos.

Granny Lyn said...

oh, oh, oh, I have just finished The Quilter's Homecoming by Jennifer Chiaverini,,,,she has a lovely rhythm in her writing that I find so soothing.

Wet here, too, we are just home from "up north" again, and now I will have to work my hiney off to catch up...

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your stitchery projects.

Darlene said...

Great finishes!

If Miss Millie is rejected at her new home and I can't imagine why she would be - you must have her come home to my house. Thimbles and Joy would love another playmate.

Kris said...

I love being able to write 'wet and cold here'! I think you are right about the weekend phenomenom. The days are soooooo much shorter.

I love your work (as usual!), so pretty! Hope you're having a great week!