Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bag Swap Goodness and Holiday Fun!

The parcel delivery lady was again amazed that she found someone at home.......the box she delivered was large and a girlfriend who was visiting at the time asked what I had ordered online this time.......Nothing (this time!) the parcel was from Raedene my bag swap partner who sent me this:
...and inside was this awesome bag..........................


And no Raedene I wasn't trying to fit the Jazz in it (although you said you thought it was big enough for an elephant!) I was trying out photo options to get the best pic.........

..........this is going to be my patchwork shop shopping bag......I will be able to fit quite a bit in this little puppy and no tell-tale paper bags to bring home...LOL.....Raedene has done a fabulous job on this bag and in the note she sent she tells me this was her swap and her first attempt at a stitchery! I am in awe!!! Here is a close up of the stichery panel with the cute buttons............

Thank you Raedene.....I love everything about this bag......the colours, the style, the stitchery.....the attention to detail ...........just everything! Thanks also of course to Linda for organising the swap! Raedene also included some goodies......several cookbooks and an amazing "tool" which incorporates about ten things from a seam ripper to a needle threader...tooo handy!!

It has been a busy couple of days in this household......yesterday we whiled away a few (quite a few) hours at Ikea......well organised shop......some interesting things........some great storage options............and now I can say I have been ..........I think we will spend a bit of time working out what storage option will work best in the attic (oh - and in my sewing room)......and the Prince will do a quick visit to pick up the flat packs! I think it is the sort of place you go with a list and the need to stay focussed!

The Prince has been saying for a while he needs to get out into the garden at the side of the house and "tidy it up"..........my idea of tidy and his differ a bit....mine is that things are neat - but still there........his is...........well that things are gone....(well almost.)....he has assured me it will grow back.............!! LOL.....Given that I do no gardening at all I am saying nothing..........(or I may get to do the gardening!) ......he hasn't let me down yet and he is right.....it will grow back and the reason he had to be so drastic this time was that there was a vine in amongst it all that was strangling everything so it really did need a major "tidy up".....so as much as it looks a bit bare now it will be fine.....! Here is a couple of pics of the "evidence" which is under the back verandah of the house ready to be taken away...

....and here he is in action............................

........can you see where he has been?????? LOL

Oh - I almost forgot.......on Tuesday I caught up with a couple of girlfriends (they have been frantically trying to avoid me but they were out of luck on Tuesday!)...and we went for a drive to visit Jane at the Patchwork Apple.....always a great store to visit! I found that Jane stocks some of the Valdani threads I mentioned on this blog a few days ago......they are just delicious!!

Jane also has kits for this bright quilt.....love that orange and the black and white....in fact all of them!!..

We spent a lovely time in the shop and then visited the bakery next door for lunch.......great combo!! Patchwork shop and bakery!! So my holiday is fast coming to an end.......back to work for me on Monday!! But still time for a bit more stitching before then!!

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog............I love hearing from you all!.....I am glad I ventured into blogland earlier this year.....it's fun...I have met so many amazing people.....been involved in some great swaps ................and it also keeps my family up to date with what I am doing!!

'til next time.........................Lorraine

21 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW how Gorgeous is that Bag...Lucky You...Glad to read you are having some R & R before Monday.
cheers
maree

Sherri said...

What a beautiful bag you received...absolutely lovely! I'm sure you will treasure it.

seabreezequilts said...

Looks like might have to get the girls together for a day trip soon to Patchwork Apple.

Gail said...

what a fantastic bag!!! so what did you buy at Ikea, I went with Leanne last week........we were there nearly all day..you are right, need a list next time!!! enjoy the rest of your holiday

Daisy Jayne said...

What a beautiful bag you received...absolutely lovely! I received my today also..... Patchwork Apple love the shop ...are the threads like perle # 8 cotton..... think I might have to get some

Lisa said...

YOu are a lucky gal!!! That bag was gorgeous!!!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

Unknown said...

Lovely parcel, terrific sized bag!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow great bag you are going to be able to stash a lot of fabric in that bag.........lol........

Kris said...

Wow! You got your bag. It's lovely! And I love the use you have dreamed up for it. I can just imagine you going into the patchwork apple and saying to Jane, "fill her up!"!

loulee said...

I adore the bag, you are so lucky.
Sounds like a good day out too.

Leanne said...

Nice to see that beautiful bag hanging on the mirror of a CLEAN Jazz.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a nice bag you got from your partner. Lucky girl!!!

Carol said...

Lorraine, that tote bag is adorable!

Levin said...

gorgeous bag!
i've been meaning to get to patchwork apple - i hear it's lovely and i've heard about the bakery. i must make a trip out there.
l
x

Suzanne said...

What a great bag, especially since the maker said it was her first stitchery experience. Hope you enjoyed your R & R!

Beertje Zonn said...

Wow, what a beautiful bag you received.
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

Sheryl said...

You lucky girl! what a great bag, such a good size-you won't need to leave your goodies in the boot until no-one is around anymore like I do (all in the name of peace of course!!) The embroidery looks beautiful very nice for a first effort.

Kim said...

Your bag is wonderful and what a great idea to use it to smuggle fabric into the house! I may need to adopt your idea!

Well, this is Monday here in the States, which meant going back to work today, and I think for once, you were going back to work at just about the same time. I hope your first day back is smooth! And I'm glad you had such a great time off!

Unknown said...

The bag you received is amazing! A fantastic quilt shopping bag that leaves no trace...I like it! Jo x

Solstitches said...

What a gorgeous bag your swap partner made for you and I love how you plan on using it :)