Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Funday

I have just finished the bag for Jo's baby........the day has been fun.......our new stove is being delivered tomorrow and the Prince has taken out the old one and removed the old "range hood" - I use the term loosely - and fixed the fan and light that were in there and put it back....a new one is on "the list"....... it will be great to have a stove again...this of course means I will be baking some goodies like cup cakes and lamingtons....and even the odd roast....it's been a while!! I spent some time catching up on blogs and emails this morning and then retired to the sewing room (in between playing trade assistant to the Prince)...to finish the bag for Jo.....I was pleased with it - I hope the scan was right or I will be making another one in "boy" colours!!



The pattern I used for the bag is "My Bag" by Leanne - Leanne taught a class to make the bag at Hetties Patch which is well worth a visit if you are in Adelaide.......Lorraine (what a great name!) has a wonderful range of fabrics, notions, patterns and gifts and a large work area for classes.

Someone left a comment on a previous post asking about the polka dot dinnerware in the shop window....sorry your comment was anon and set at no reply so I can't get back to you.....email me and I will give you the information you need.

Peg has given me an award on her blog:

......... the rules of the Wylde Woman Award are:
1. You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.
2. Link back to this blog site so Tammy can go visit all these wonderful women.


Purpose of the Award:
"To send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy...

- thanks Peg....you have brightened my day many times!......

.............and I can't pick who to pass this on to so check out all the wonderful blogs on my sidebar - they are all inspirational!!

I hope this week goes a little slower than the first week of my holidays!
'til next time...........................Lorraine

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Loz, love the bag, you have done a fantastic job, so bright and happy...thanks for your kind words..

Daisy Jayne said...

Fab bags so bright and refreshing.... I was in Hetties on Friday......... Love the shop never leave empty handed

Chookyblue...... said...

great bag.........

Leanne said...

I would like to see photographic evidence of those cup cake and lamingtons LOL.....the bag is very cute...thanks for your support.