Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome Baby Ryley.....................

Thank you to everyone who has asked about baby Ryley.....she arrived last night at 7.05pm.....here is Jo getting checked to make sure all the numbers match.............
..yep.................good to go!.......................and look who arrived a few minutes later........................introducing.......
.....baby Ryley........OK......she is pretty cute....but then I am biased!! her hair is black and there is plenty of it...I think it is longer than mine in places..!! Mum and bub are doing well.....Dad is still in shock...(you have to remember they have only had seven weeks to prepare for Ryley!).....little Dylan is ....well he is just being the gorgeous little guy that he is.....and wondering why he can't climb up on his mummy and give her a big cuddle at the moment.....!! Granny Loz and the Prince are doing ok too......I did some stitching while I was waiting for Jo to come back from theatre...but wasn't really concentrating very well......!! we went to the nursery and checked on little Ryley and then called it a night. We treated ourselves to a nice room at a hotel on the beachfront so we could visit with Jo and Ryley on the way home today........we got there after 10pm and realised we hadn't eaten so ordered in pizza from room service...it was awesome....but undid the little bit of good I did by going to the gym yesterday morning! LOL..... This morning we woke to this view ............it was raining lightly when we ventured out for our walk on the beach........but it was soooo nice.....there were quite a few people out and about.......................and a seagull or two.............
........I love the beach and always enjoy it....rain or shine!....(and today was rain)............

Breakfast.......then off to the hospital to visit the girls and then home.....well almost...one more stop......... no visit to Adelaide would be complete without a visit to Hetties......the Prince had a few calls to make for work so I spent some time picking out some fabric for Ryley's quilt.....I didn't want to make it before I met her.....I was looking at the fabrics that I used to make her bag and found this little pack all ready to go with pattern included....did Lorraine know I was coming?????........



...oh and the December's Flight pattern from Rosalie Quinlan....and a cute cushion pattern - Cottage Chic Cushions from Colleen Archbold.....an Adelaide designer...............just couldn't resist!! We arrived home to find the postman had also delivered some goodness while we were away........well....I got the goodies.....the prince got a couple of bills I think......he is so Lucky!! ........three little packets of fun.......from QFD.....the pincusion of the month........very yummy.......lots of pink and green and a gorgeous rosebud pin topper.......

I am a big fan of Viv Robinson (Viv's Creations) and her new pattern The Twelve Days of Christmas was a "must have" along with the Marg Low pattern A Time for Giving.....I ordered these last week from Karen at Mrs Martin's Quilt Shop and as usual they arrived in no time at all......Jane from the Patchwork Apple had also sent me a package.....Block 9 of Gail Pan's Angels Sewing Basket BOM......that only leaves 8 to do.......!! Hey - I can justify having this many projects to do.....they are for my retirement....I am investing in patterns and BOMs now so that I won't have to buy any once I am retired.......LOL.....(that's my story and I am sticking to it!!) I think there are worse things to "invest" in at the moment!!

That's about all from me..........I am a bit tired now!! ...........and back to work tomorrow!!

I have been blessed with four wonderful grandsons and now little Ryley has joined the family........what joy she has bought with her.....!

'Til next time.....................Lorraine

30 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

Congratulations Grandma or is it Nanna...I got my 12 days last night and have traced 1/4 of it...it is really big but I love it to bits couldn't wait, also made the first block from Holly Jolly christmas roll on Cyber Stitching day.

May Britt said...

Congratulations to a proud grandma. How cute she is!!!

The Patchwork Apple- Jane..... Visit www.patchworkapple.com said...

I'll leave a comment, even though you didn't come and visit me....
Never mind, a big congrats for Ryley's arrival.. lovely name and so cute too. Lots of pink now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Loz that's Wonderful News!!!Glad to hear all's well & I love the pretty Fabrics for Ryley's Quilt..how nice for you to be making Pink now...Yahoo!!
cheers
maree

loulee said...

ongratulations.

Daisy Jayne said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival on your beautiful granddaughter...... Ryley you must be so proud and overwhelmed.I wish you all a future full of love and many happy memories.

Gail said...

what fabulous news...a very big hug and congratulations....I guess for a while you will be "in the pink"!!!

Unknown said...

How exciting! Congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of baby Ryley. You must be thrilled! heaps of hugs, Jo xo

Leanne said...

Woo Hoo she sure is cute.....looks like all went to plan.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! she does have quite a bit of hair!!! Enjoy! looks like you have enough projects to keep you busy now! Love the beach photos!

Kris said...

Oh Lorraine! Ryley is just gorgeous! Sounds like you had a wonderful couple of days. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations granny, how exciting for you all. I'll way behind on blog reading so I had to stop and think for a minute what I was reading. She's just precious.

Mar said...

First, a big welcome to world Ryley. She is so beautiful! Congrats to all of you!

Sherri said...

Congratulations! And you have so many fun patterns and projects to work on! Beautiful fabric you picked for the baby quilt as well!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful new grandbaby. Congratulations!

Stina Blomgren said...

So glad everything went ok... Congratulations to ALL of you... :o)
She is the cutest!!!!
Very nice shopping ... very nice...:o)

Pat said...

Congratulations Grandma! She is beautiful. Glad that everyone is ok. Love the fabrics for her quilt. Can't wait for more pictures.

Jo said...

How cute, what a beautiful baby.Congratulations Lorraine

Sue said...

Hi Granny, How gorgoeous is Ryley she break some hearts when shes older. Glad to hear all is well. Love all your goodies ... lucky you. You are going to be very busy in your retirement. Cheers Sue

Levin said...

Congratulations to you all.
She is absolutely gorgeous and makes me ever so clucky. I think the fabrics for the quilt look gorgeous. Lorraine is very good and packaging up wonderful goodies - for me it's great as it takes all the hard work out of choosing!
Can't wait to see the finished product.
l
x

Granny Lyn said...

From one Granny to another....Congrads and all the best wishes for the new baby! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. A grand-daughter after 4 grandsons. How special. Beautiful name. Can't believe they only had 7 weeks to get used to the idea and now she is here. Just so special. Best wishes to all. xx Sue

Suzanne said...

So glad to meet Miss Ryley! She's a cutie! Congrads to Grandma too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Granny Loz, what a precious little thing and now you can sew her some pink things... Had a great day last week with Gail at Warracknabeal, now I have lots to keep me busy. Luv Jo

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on your new little girl to spoil......love the fabrics you lpicked for her quilt........

Solstitches said...

Congratulations! Ryley is adorable. You'll need to be sure to teach her to sew as soon as she is old enough :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Baby Ryley

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that all went well for the birth of Ryley. I'm sure you will really enjoy making little girl things after having 4 grandsons. Enjoy!

Doris said...

Oh, Lorraine! What a gorgeous gal! That is a whole lotta baby hair there!