Sunday, January 25, 2009

The start of a long weekend...........

Yesterday saw the population of Angaston swell considerably.........around 7,000 riders took part in the community challenge ride......dressed in yellow jerseys they made a very colourful sight as they pretty much took over the town.......photos are courtesy of the Prince who had the day off so was able to get out and about......the following photos were taken at the local oval as the cyclists gathered to rest, grab some refreshments, maybe have a massage to recover from the ride...............

............shady spots were at a premium................


......a tandem with a difference...............

.....waiting for the peloton.......................this was the scene some time before the riders in the TDU arrived in the town for the finish ...............thousands of people lined the main street to cheer the riders on over the last few hundred metres...................

.......back to normal today with the crowds and barricades gone......the Tour seems to be going from strength to strength with the number of people coming out to watch each year growing....I think Lance Armstrong was a big drawcard this year.

It is late.....we went to a friend's 50th tonight....came home and watched the last of the tennis and now there is a really awful movie on that is old, corny and has no storyline that I can make out.....time I was going to bed.........

I think I have got the preparation for the Australia Day Breakfast under control. Hopefully it all goes to plan! .....I think I have remembered everything....!

On a sad note .................I read here that Marlene had passed away.............my thoughts are with her family - she will be missed by her many friends all over the world. I knew Marlene was very ill but it still came as a shock to read that she had died.........if you care for someone make sure you tell them every day......life is way too short! Have no regrets.

take care......'til nex time....................Lorraine

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful photos the Prince took. A very festive time. I was very saddened to hear about Marlene...you are right about telling those you care about how you feel.

Leanne said...

What a marvelous collection of very fit legs ...Marlene's untimely death makes you think how short life really is.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW those are great photos Loz! I love all the bikers in their yellow shirts. It looks so pretty there. Someday I'll surprise you and show up at yoru door. lolol I'm just saying! Can you hear me saying that now?
And you are so right you should tell people everyday how you feel about them. That's why I'm telling you, Love ya Loz!!! You are a very good friend.
It's very sad to lose Mar. She seemed like a nice lady.

Janellybelly said...

Hi Lorraine
I saw your 'Princess' bag in this months issue of Homespun, I remember the blog post you did about it too - Congratulations.
Janelle :)

Comfort Cove Designs said...

ooh how I wish we were in our summer months here! Enjoy the sun and warmth! Right now here in Newfoundland, we are dealing with cold and snow.. sigh... come on summer!