Thursday, August 6, 2009

Progress!

No.....not on stitching projects.....but the renos in the front of the house are DONE! just a few light fittings to be put back up......some dusting (a lot of dusting!)....some cleaning of floors......furniture moving and deciding what will go back on display and what will stay boxed up for a while......and we are done!! This weekend will be spent getting the rooms back to "normal"...I always have trouble with that word!! What IS normal???


Progress is also being made on Mark's house....work started today!!

It is really exciting for him to finally have some progress on the block...he drives past it everyday on his way to and from work and has been watching work on the house next door ....which is the same design as his......they aren't huge houses but perfect for youngsters starting out.......which of course means that once work is complete on his house the Prince and I will become "empty nesters".....!!

The weather forecast for today was for a max temp of 23C (about 73F).....and given that the temps are usually around 16C (61F) the promise of a warmer day prompted Mark to break out the shorts! .......I am thinking they won't see the light of day again tomorrow though......temps are predicted to be back to 15C!

Can't believe it is Friday tomorrow.....mail this week has included the next blocks in a couple of BOMs.....and the next project in the Stitchery of the Month from Under the Mulberry Tree.....the desk in the sewing room looks like a post office mail sorting table......I really need to get in there and get some stitching done.......hopefully this weekend once the cleaning and furniture moving has been done I will find time for a little stitching!.......oh.....did I tell you the bathroom is next in line for renovating???? Oh dear........what was I thinking???? I fear I am a glutton for punishment! LOL

'Til next time.......................Lorraine


13 comments:

Pat said...

Normal? I haven't seen normal in so long I have forgotten what it is!! I am happy for you that you can get to normal. I am sure that it will be beautiful.

Annette said...

It will be nice for you to get back to 'normal'! It will be fun for you to do the finishing touches of your reno. I wonder how much will stay in boxes? Looking forward to seeing some pics when it's all finished.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oohhhh check out those legs!!!
Sooo where are the bathroom photos?? I need to see them straight away.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Aren't guys and their shorts funny. Mine wear them until well after Thanksgiving in November and get them out in early February.

Normal is loving those around you and being a shining light. These is is well, I don't know. Life and the only thing I know about life for sure is there is change, constant change. Thank Heavenly Father for quilting, stitching, family and good friends....

I wish you a good sleep and plenty of energy for the joys ahead.

quiltygal said...

Glad the renos are nearing the end & youll have more stitching time....Empty nest dont think that ever happens does it they still come back for dinner etc then its the grandkids or so Im told not happening here yet??

Dawn said...

Oh I once heard that 'Normal' is that with which you are happy....not what everyone else considers normal ( cos that is what makes them happy)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Remember to sit and enjoy the new feel!
Hugs
Dawn x

Lori Holt said...

Normal for me is always "redoing" something!....It sounds like thats normal for you too!
x Lori

Frogdancer said...

Renovations are always so good when you're planning them and when they're finished.
Living through them isn't nearly as much fun...

Unknown said...

Congrats to Mark on the New House..You will Love being Empty Nesters..take it from Me...
Have FUN this weekend...
cheers

Leanne said...

Lucas always dresses in shorts and thongs when he comes in the car with me.......I always have the heat on 27. The foundations are a good start how exciting for them.

Unknown said...

We often "pretend" to be normal here , lol . Good luck with the bathroom .

Cheryl said...

Is there a normal??? I'm starting to think not :-)! Glad things are returning back to normal for you thought. So very exciting, and I am so happy for Mark that progress is being made on his place..very exciting also. Sorry I am so behind on my bloggy visits and emails!

Sheryl said...

Nothing more satisfying than being at the end of a reno, so nice to get back to normal whatever that may be.... enjoy.... love the shorts