Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bonding with Benny......

Had a lovely time yesterday with a couple of girls from my stitching group......lunch and an afternoon of stitching and chat....just what the doctor ordered.........! Today I spent some time bonding with Benny.......(Bernina).........I am off to a workshop with Kellie in a few weeks and need to make sure I am familiar with all his functions! So far so good........

I sorted out some quilt tops and other unfinished projects when I cleaned the sewing room a while ago.......and among the quilt tops was this little wedding ring top.......It was finished but for one arc that had been sewn on the wrong way.....and one that needed to be sewn on....that one loose arc has been with the top thru many moves...being unfolded and refolded.....and it hung in there ...LOL....lucky because I don't have any of the fabric left....and it was at least 12 years ago that it was pieced......but isn't it funny that all the top needed was a coule of seams and it was done.....why had it languished for so long in the "to do" pile...???? Anyhooo...it is done.....and it will be perfect right where it is when it is quilted and bound.....!

I started a little cot quilt for the new grand daughter of one of the girls from work.....and then it was time to pack up and help the Prince with dinner.......

So another weekend gone.......tomorrow morning I am dusting off the runners and trackies and going back to Curves......then another busy week at work.....hope your week is a good one whatever you have planned.

'Til next time..................Lorraine

16 comments:

Joy said...

Oooooh I'm jealous!!! A new sewing machine, Lorraine how wonderful for you :o)!! I've had my eye on a couple of different ones lately but unless we win lotto I can't see it happening yet LOL. How's the reno's going??? All finished??
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh... Benny and You seem to have started out a real good relationship.... ;o))
And a class with Kellie.. how much fun!!!!

Karen said...

That's the machine I have! Love it.

Pat said...

I knew you would love it! Can't wait to see what you make with Kellie. I am sure it will be fun.

Lenora said...

So pleased Benny found his way to your house, I can see a great partnership forming. Hope the muscles are not too sore tomorrow morning.

Levin said...

That is one beautiful sewing machine! I hope you and Benny have many wonderful and productive years together....
l
x

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, I have missed checking in on your blog. I have enjoyed catching up on your coming and going. Wow, a new QE. When I work at the shop I get to see it and dream. It has a stitch regulator and I need and so many other things - I need! Good for you getting a wonderful machine to work with.

Take care = thinking of you!

Lynda said...

Great to read your are enjoying your new toy and I love your wedding ring quilt.

Granny Lyn said...

Looks like you and Bennie will be best of friends! What a lucky princess you are!

and I'm sooooo glad you paid some attention to that beautiful Wedding Ring! I absolutely love it!

AnnieO said...

What a beautiful quilt! Sorry you haven't gotten to enjoy it all these years it has been waiting for a seam or two--but the happy day will come soon!

Kim said...

I've always kind of wanted to make a wedding ring quilt but just haven't gotten to it yet. Great idea to make a small one--I hadn't thought about that! Love your new machine too!

Suzanne said...

I like that you named your machine! Enjoy the new machine.

Leanne said...

Umm I'm liking Bennie may you have a long fruitful relationship.

Sheryl said...

Hope you are as happy with Benny as I am with my Lizzie (QE for short) her and I get on quite well although there is never enough hours in the day to spend together... so pleased to see you have finished your wedding ring quilt, its lovely...enjoy your class with Kellie.

julieQ said...

Glad you have had some quality bonding time! Your double wedding ring is just wonderful. I too need to dust off the runners!

Lisa said...

beautiful machine! Tell Kellie I say hello! wish I could be there!