Saturday, October 31, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For!

Who hasn't wished for some extra stitching time......? I know I have..........yesterday I found myself with 12 hours of extra stitching time........but the circumstances were not exactly fun! I had an appointment yesterday morning and on the off chance I would have to wait I threw my little stitching-on-the-go bag into my handbag and off we (the Prince and I) went.............the Prince had been suffering from a headache for three days....I had been nagging him to see someone about it...(that wasn't what caused his headache!!) and after my appointment he was still in a lot of pain so we went to the emergency department of a large hospital about an hour away from home...........................we got there at midday and I left at midnight leaving the Prince hooked up to drips etc to try to bring down his blood pressure....(and no.....it wasn't bought on by seeing my credit card bill!) we had quite a long wait to see the doctor......but once we got in they were certainly very thorough with their investigations......all seems to be ok...the headache has gone.....but they are still monitoring his blood pressure so he is still there.......hopefully to be released tomorrow!
So I had plenty of time to stitch to help pass the time while we sat in the waiting room.........

This is a Kathy Schmitz design and is easy to take along when you go out as it is stitched in one colour (black) so no need to change thread colours........I am a big fan of Kathy's patterns.

Chelsea was pleased to see me home last night and raced past me looking for the Prince......she was most upset when she realised I was on my own....and has been looking for him ever since......she has settled down a bit today but I am sure she will be thrilled to see him home tomorrow........as will I!!

A burst of hot weather has fried a lot of the blossoms and flowers in the garden......we are set for another hot one tomorrow....yikes......hopefully not a sign of a long hot summer!! .....we have a couple more months of Spring yet!

'til next time.........................Lorraine

13 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear the Prince is feeling poorly. Good that you got him to a doctor, though.
I really like your stitchery. I just finished one (not the same designer) and in the mood for more. I am off to check out the designer of yours.

PiecefulChaos said...

Thank God you went to the doctor! Glad he is on the mend. Look at it this way - you could have NOT had your stitching with you!

Pat said...

So glad to hear that hubby is doing better. Love your headder! I know what you mean about wishing...it has happened to me a couple of times. I don't wish any more!!!

May Britt said...

That's why I always have some stitching in my bag. You never know when you get extra time to stitch. Hope he is feeling better now.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh...that sounds no good.. hope they figure out what it is!!!! Sorry to hear.. take both of you!
Love your new stitchery... good you had that one with you.. no fun sitting and waiting...:o)

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish him a speedy recovery! And that is going to be a lovely Kathy stitchery. Take care of yourself too!

Anonymous said...

I hope that the Prince is doing okay this morning and that they find out what's going on and it's nothing too serious. Nice to have some forced stitching time... not so nice the reason for the forced stitching time! Beautiful stitchery!

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the prince is home and well very soon.........

Abby and Stephanie said...

Best wishes to your husband. Busy hands keep your mind occupied. Thank goodness for portable projects.

seabreezequilts said...

Sorry we won't see you today, love the stitchery, might have to get me some of those.

Levin said...

hope everything is okay now.
one of my sisters used to wish that she could get a week off from the kids and she use to say "even a week in hospital would be good - no cooking, no cleaning, just lying around and being looked after". She got what she wished for, probably 5 years too late and she didn't enjoy a moment of it.
so yes, i'm very careful what i wish for.
take care, all of you
l
x

simplestitches said...

Hope your Prince is well again very soon.....glad you got some stitching time, but what a way to get it!

Love that stitchery, and in one colour too.

take care
Julz

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

A scarey time, friend. Sending you hugs from afar.