Sunday, September 5, 2010

Log Cabin update.........

Since I made the big statement yesterday about getting on with the Log Cabin quilt that I started last week at the Patchwork Apple I thought I had better get cracking........I stayed up late last night.........and got the cutting done so all I had to do was chain piece this morning........so got up.....and dressed in my very best stay-at-home-all-day trackies and jumper ......I bought the sewing machine out into the dining room/kitchen area (because I can - Rose doesn't complain about stuff like that...)......along with the heater.......then got right down to piecing those little suckers.......I did take a break to do a couple of loads of washing (always helps to have clothes to wear to work)....put dinner on for tonight........vacuum the floors (didn't bother to wash them as with Rose in and out and the wet weather it would have been a waste of time....)...did some ironing...caught up with a friend on the phone......and by this afternoon I had the top together.......My assistant is just checking the position of that block to make sure it's ok.......


Yep.......it's fine......good to go......

I have to admit that I didn't spend any time with alternate layouts.......and possibly there are some fabrics that shouldn't go next to each other....but I am happy with the overall look.....a couple of borders and it will be done.....I have run out of steam today though....so  they will have to wait until next weekend.

'Til next time...................Lorraine

16 comments:

Nancy said...

It's fantastic!! I love the blues with the black and white...

Kris said...

Wow! Looking good! Love your assistant. It's nice to have good help, isn't it? I just posted too. We so are twins separated at birth!

Suzanne said...

Goodness...super speedy sewing woman! Beautiful log cabin!

Darlene said...

Wowzer look at your SEW!!! Did you feel like a rebel sewing at the dining room table? LOL

I love your cute assistant.

Grethe said...

So lovely!! Both the log cabin as well as the little doggy! Looking forward to seeing the quilt with the border.

Shay said...

Oh Loz it's gorgeous. Really beautiful.

A top finished in a week - you're wonder woman!

It's always handy to have an assistant, especially one so cute.

seabreezequilts said...

Looks fantastic Lorraine, love that colour combo. And from the photo you can't tell if some of the fabrics shouldn't go together it looks great. I find if I stress over placement and look and look you still manage to get some of the same pieces together, better not to stress and get on with it.

Robyn said...

Looks Fantastic,I was supposed to have my Chrissy Design all finished this weekend.......haven't got the top finished yet, decided to do more stitching on it....want to come up and help me???????????
i love log cabin quilts and yours is gorgeous

Chookyblue...... said...

so does this mean your ahead of Kris???.........it looks great........

Lynda said...

I think it looks fabulous. Love the lime green with aqua and the flying geese border will look great.

Anita said...

Looks fantastic! Love the fabrics.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Loz it looks so good.....the fabrics are awesome...and your little girl how cute is she....

Sue said...

Hi Loz, & a hello and a pat for dear little Rose, she is just too cute!! Love your log cabin the colours are fabulous!!! Your GJ blocks are looking fab as well, love the fabric you used for them and the redwork stitcheries look great too!! The sun is shining in down town Adelaide today so there is lots of washing happening here and maybe a little sewing. Have a good week. Cheers S x

OzRose said...

The quilt is looking good Loz!!! Weather has been absolutely terrible hasnt it?! I cant remember a winter soooo bad!! roll on summer is all I can say :)

Levin said...

i think it looks bloody fantastic!
l
x

Vivian said...

Blonde assistants are usually pretty reliable. Yours looks like a great help, with her flowing locks.

This layout is perfect with the dramatic colors. You were very productive! That's a lot of seams sewn.