Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Now...where was I.......

Oh yeah.......lemonade by the pool on Australia Day.......lovely relaxing afternoon......early night.......because this is how I felt when I got home......a tad deflated/exhausted!


no sleep in on Friday.....had an appointment to de-sparkle my hair........greys begone.....


I love getting my hair done.....I find it very relaxing ........and I get to catch up on the gossip mags that I only read at the hairdressing salon.........same stuff in them....before and after pics of celebs who have lost/gained weight....celebs arriving at / departing from airports on their way to / home from fabulous holidays.....new ways to lose weight (always fast!)....you get the picture.....

Home for lunch.......and a sleep......so went Friday!  I needed to rest up so I would be ready for a little road trip on Saturday.......



I was up at sparrow fart to pick up Cheryl (no blog) and we hit the road to Port Pirie .....to catch up with Robyn at Country Hart......oops!  No pics.....was too busy talking/looking/shopping! 

 Off for brunch (I said we started out early!!) then back to the shop for another round!   We stopped at Auburn on the way home ....shared a scone with yummy jam and cream with a Chai latte.......


After the early start we were home by mid afternoon and I prepped a block for the Farmer's Wife quilt to sew in the evening......then as I was settling in to watch the tennis and stitch the power went out during a storm........hmmm....sewing by candle light.....wasn't doing it for me........

Thank goodness for the  iPad! 


Prepping the block was as far as I got towards stitching anything all weekend......on Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and have been a bit under the weather since then......could only manage two sets of  Rafa's match on Sunday night  :(      I  even had a half day off work yesterday after cracking hardy and thinking I would be fine and pushing myself to get out the door in the morning!  Spent the afternoon on the couch with assorted medications/tissues/orange juice and the remote.......the midday movie was actually not too bad!  Back to work today after stocking up on tissues/medication etc.......

I will leave you with a couple of pics of Rose who was more interested in what I was doing than the tennis the other night!



'Til next time.................................Lorraine

19 comments:

Pip said...

Yes, we do need decent light to sew by, I can't imagine how the women managed to sew their quilts by candle light before electricity was invented.
I catch up on my magazine reading at the hairdresser too, it's my "me" time.

Lynda said...

Sorry you've been unwell and hope you're much better today. I'm being "de-sparkled" on Thursday. Stayed up way too late watching Rafa :( and was out of sorts all day yesterday.

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better soon,and what a cute puppy.xx

Dawn said...

Love the new hair color..chai latte and a scone...best afternoon tea.. yummo... Rosie looks so cute watching what your doing...
Have a great week
Hugs Dawn x x

OzRose said...

Hope you're not blazing too far ahead with the FW blocks! LOL!!! Hope you are feeling better too xx

Chookyblue...... said...

it was all sounding so good to start with....hope your all better today.......

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and I love "sparrows fart"

Vivian said...

I always enjoy your newsy posts. There's always something interesting going on in your life, or at last you make it SEEM interesting as you write and take us along on your days. And no post is complete without Rose giving us her lovely nod of approval.
I'm planning to start on the Farmer's Wife with a quilt-along. It's about time I'm using my year-old book.

seabreezequilts said...

Hair looks good and so did that scone yum. I need foils badly. Have a good week.

Lenora said...

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, hope the wellness fairy finds you.

Kris said...

Hope you are feeling better today! I have too many sparkles for any hairdresser to deal with! Besides, I don't actually like going to the hairdresser. (You already knew I was weird, right?) Something to do with my Mum being a hairdresser and always doing my hair whilst growing up I think. I've only been to the hairdresser a handful of times my whole life. As for the electricity, it's kind of vital, isn't it? (Or am I soft?) Just found out that our new place (we just picked up the key) will have no electricity until Saturday due to the switchboard being condemned! *sigh*

Pat said...

"de-sparkled" Love it!

FlourishingPalms said...

Love the ease with which you can just take off, hit a couple nice quilt shops and have lunch with a friend. It sounds lovely, but your cold doesn't! So sorry to hear about that. When you're feeling up to it, please do tell me what "up at sparrow fart" means. What I think it does?

Sue SA said...

Love a good road trip, especially when it involves quilt shops and food! Sewing by candle light indicates real dedication...I dont wear glasses by my eyes still cannot cope with that - pioneer woman I am not, besides I need desparkling on a regular basis too!

Terry said...

Rose is a sweetie! Hope you feel better soon! :0)

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Love the new hair...shame about the power thank goodness for technology...glad to see you had company watching the tennis...love the Cocker

Shay said...

LOVE the new hair Loz. Very "you".

I am starting my FW blocks today ...I swear I am ...

Shontelle said...

Poo for you not feeling well. Those scones looked awesome! You can't beat a good dev. tea really.

quiltygal said...

Hope you are feeling better now Loz ....trying to get to the hairdressers..need a spark added to mine !!