Sunday, April 29, 2012

Country Hart.......

I was up at sparrow fart yesterday to get the girls to the kennel ....they were happy to be going out and think going to the kennel is a great adventure ......but then when you are 2 (Lexi's birthday was today) and almost 2 (Rose turns 2 on Tuesday) everything is an adventure!

It was a cool start to the day....with the sun rising over the mist.......



.
Also with me for the early start were these two girls........although they refused to come out of the basket to check out the sunrise....said it was too cold....


And this is where we were going.......Country Hart in Port Pirie for a weekend of stitching with Helen Stubbings and Melissa Grant..........here are the girls with the lovely Abbie......


Didn't take long for Peg and Dale to get up close and personal with Helen......


Melissa about to impart her rose making knowlege to our table....


Robyn welcomed us all to her new shop (she hasn't moved in yet but decided to hold the classes there this weekend....) and as always she had done a brilliant job of making us feel welcome with goodie bags bulging with ....goodies! (who knew!!)  .......


...and fun decorations..............who knew a stack of embroidery hoops with a base and lid ....


........could make this useful container! 


Thanks to Robyn, Steve, Abbie and Sarah (and of course Helen and Melissa) for a wonderful weekend full of fun, food and great company.  The giveaways were plentiful and generous and I even got some stitching done.....(pics to follow).........although tonight I am a little concerned that my two erstwhile companions Peg and Dale are missing from my basket........yikes......where could they be???  I did see them loitering and whispering to each other in the vicinity of this suitcase......


........who does it belong to?  ..........................Watch this space!

'til next time..........................Lorraine

13 comments:

Vivian said...

Beautiful scenic pictures, and it looks like you had a special time with friends.
Love that container from the sewing hoops! Now I know what to do with the ones I just couldn't throw away!

Suzanne said...

I like the hoops basket....how did she attach the top? I can't believe Miss Rose is almost 2 years old!

Lenora said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I'll stay tuned to see where Peg and Dale have escaped too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

LOL...Loz you are amazing....Looks like we had the best time, you do spoil us so!!!!!....The hoop container is amazing....Loz thank you so much for taking us on yet another wonderful journey...xxxxx

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the hoop container......and the cute bag to the left of the pics..........great landscape pics too....
Peg and Dale.......always up to something........wonder where they have gone to now........

Cardygirl said...

Oh no...where are Peg and Dale now? Great pics, looks like a great weekend...great landscape pics.

Pip said...

Those two chooks look as if they are planning another trip :)

Your stitching weekend looked like fun, looking forward to seeing more.

Shay said...

I love the idea of embroidery hoops being made into a container. It looks utterly sweet.

You really make the most of your weekends. I am such a slacker I consider it an achievement if I get out of my pyjamas!

Anonymous said...

Loz your puppies are beautiful and how good is that hoop container,very clever.Hmmm looks like the girls have jumped ship and they proberly sneaked home with Helen,lol,love their adventures,well done on a great post.xx

FlourishingPalms said...

What a gorgeous sunrise you photographed! I do believe those sort of views could make a very early riser out of me. So glad you're out having fun. It's the good stuff that life is all about. Yes?

DAWNIE said...

wow those sunset pictures are amazing, Great workshop pics and l o v e the bag in the pic as well. the hoop is a real cute idea too. Great to see what Peg and Dale have been up to

Down by the sea said...

Lovely pictures Lorraine, particularly liked your amazing one and in and out, my pets can spend all day going in and out if I let them!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh how they DO get around !!! wish it was so easy to pack me up and take me all over Australia :)