Sunday, August 5, 2012

Girls day out.....

The moon has been full........the nights have been cold......but the days are getting longer.....it's light when I walk in the mornings AND when I get home from work......which means Spring is not too far away.......


Not much going on here.......have been watching some of the Olympics but haven't been staying up late.......I think I have hit the wall  LOL....some more training needed I think!


I haven't been to a workshop in a while so I remedied that yesterday and attended a Whip it Up workshop with Sharon and Shontelle from Patchwork on Parade.....and look who else was there.......the lovely Shay......and she had even got out of her PJ's for the day.......


First stop was for coffee (or in my case hot chocolate) and then we set up for the day........all the essentials (supplied by Mrs P....she is a bad influence......LOL)


This of course is a staged pic of Shay stuffing her face with M&Ms  because we all know that these were bought for everyone else to eat......


We did do some sewing...........and this is what we were aiming to make.........Shontelle's Briar Rose pattern.......( one of three patterns we could choose from....)


I  was determined to use fabric from my stash for this class so used a jelly roll I have had for a while and background fabric also from the cupboard.......not sure about border fabric yet.


Ruth and her trusty Elna Lotus came along for the day.....it was Ruth's first workshop!  (but I am sure it won't be her last.......)


Some people even stopped for lunch......


..or to be tempted by the goodies on sale....


Ionly managed to get a few blocks sewn yesterday so this afternoon I set up the machine
and finished a few more.....


....with some help from Rose.....


Still a few more blocks to go but I had to stop and cook dinner and do some boring house stuff.....I have left the machine set up on the table so might get a chance during the week to finish a few more.

'Til next time.........................Lorraine

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

those blocks are looking good Loz,cant wait to see this one finished,xx

Sharon said...

It was lovely to see you Loz! You are so good at documenting your life, I wish I could be as organised as you. I love reading about what you're up to:-)

Karen said...

Cute quilt - and a day spent sewing is the perfect day isn't it :) = and Rose looking so sweet posing with your finished blocks - a true model

AnnieO said...

I doubt that was a staged photo of Shay, but I'll have to take your word for it :)

Love the new blocks and your darker/warmer fabrics take on the pattern. What a fun workshop!

Chookyblue...... said...

lol......looks like a fun day.....I had a sewing class on Saturday......lots of fun.........

Cardygirl said...

Looks like fun...love the new header!

Shay said...

Im giving you the evil eye Annie. I even came home with some M&M's I'll have you know!

It was a lovely day Loz. I came home and finished my 16 patch blocks and then my string quilt caught my eye and Ive been working on that ever since!

Deb R said...

Looks like you had a good time, always great to use the stash...love the moon pic!

Pip said...

A busy weekend all round, I'm sure it won't be long before you have finished the quilt. Love the M&M shot - priceless :)

OzRose said...

Looking forward to seeing it finished Loz, lovely work as always x

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! It's going to be a lovely quilt! :0)

Kris said...

Looks like a great day! I am so impressed that you managed to do the chores AND some sewing. You are so sensible! My following of the olympics has been all twitter based.

Jen said...

HI! Loz, The Girls day out looked a great dat.I liked the idea of mm's while sewing I think I will add a bucket to my stash.
Your blocks are looking lovely.Rose likes them

Leanne said...

Looks like a fun day and you even got some sewing done.