Wednesday, November 21, 2012

J Paul Getty Museum

Spent most of today with Annie.....http://anniesquiltorts.blogspot.com/ ...although she was fighting a cold she still picked me up at the hotel and drove us to the J Paul Getty Museum.....for a relaxed day wandering in the gardens, which are magnificent, and looking at some amazing artworks....oh...and I can't not mention lunch in the restaurant which looks out over mountains and sea....

The Getty is high up above the city and the car park is at the base of the hill...electric trams then transport visitors to the museum.....making for a lovely serene entry to the grounds....photos do not do this place justice...but of course that won't stop me from posting some anyway!








What a great way to control Bougainvillea.....








The view of the city were fantastic.....I was up high...go me!!!!


That's the 405 San Diego Freeway stretching off into the distance.....click on the pic for a better view....


Lunch and a toast with iced tea to Shay who couldn't join us today......


Swordfish anyone?


Thanks Annie for a wonderful day........and Shay....I will be holding the Oreos hostage until you come and collect them! Don't wait too long......:)


Tomorrow I am looking forward to a visit with another blog friend before making my way to the airport to catch a flight home!

'til next time..............Lorraine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful day you had,lovely pics loz xx

River said...

I love the bouganvillea trees! What a great idea. And swordfish..yum.
I've heard of the J Paul Getty, but never seen it, it's quite impressive.

Shay said...

Important things first - touch my Oreos and I'll break your fingers. Dont you even dare so much as sniff any of the Oreo goodness out that package.

I bet Annie was every bit as amazing as I think she is in RL.

And the museum looks incredible.

When do you get home? Want me to meet you at the airport? he he

Kris said...

What an awesome place! So nice to have friends where ever you go, looks like a fantastic day.

AnnieO said...

You got some wonderful photos, Lorraine! I enjoyed every bit of spending the day with you--thanks for lunch and all the great "convo". Hope your stance is solid for when Shay attacks for her Oreos :)

Vivian said...

Two of my favorite bloggers, from different continents, spending time together in CA. That's just wonderful!
Great pics, and I'm sure you had a great time together. I think you're enjoying your vacation time. :)

Diann said...

Another fabulous memory for you! Looks like it was an excellent day and that swordfish looks the goods! Have a safe trip home.

Lynda said...

Oh Wow!