Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Angel swap

Early this year I signed up for the Christmas Angel swap with Mrs Martins Quilt Shop.....I was still running a little late to get my swap items in the post even though I have had all year to get them done......and it was the only swap I did this year!!....but it happened today and my parcel is winging its way to New Zealand.  I also collected a parcel from my swap partner Clare......

thank you Clare.....lovely work and you have indulged my love of everything snowman!!  Happy days! 


the list of things for the swap was.....

A Christmas postcard, a Christmas decoration......(and this little mouse is pretty cute...).

 
A stitchery, an  applique hanging, a candle mat, a Christmas tag..... ....
 
 
something sewing..... this stitching roll will come in very handy....
 
 
a starter kit......Clare sent a whole kit for a cute snowman cross stitch.....
 
 
 
A Santa sack/stocking (cross stitch stocking  with a fat quarter) and something to nibble....Clare was very creative with this and constructed a little sled with choccies and candy canes......the chocolate is recovering in the fridge as we speak.....didn't like the heat in the car on the way home......Thanks Clare......I hope you like the little parcels I have sent to you........

As I was going to be away in October/November I didn't sign up for Chooky's SSCS this year but have been watching the announcement of the arrival of parcels with interest.....count me in for next year!
 
Can't believe how fast this week is going......it was just Monday morning....and here we are at the end of the working week tomorrow.....!  not sure where the time is going! 
 
As I write this post my all time favourite movie is on.....Love Actually.......never get tired of watching this movie! Rowan Atkinson is about to make an appearance as the store salesman who is the king of gift wrapping....cinnamon stick anyone??
 
'Til next time..................Lorraine

8 comments:

Lenora said...

I just finished watching it as well! Great movie I agree.

Sue said...

Love Actually is on here tonite too. Perth 9pm! Love this movie. Love your presys from Clare and can't wait to see what you made her.

Unknown said...

Lots of Things for your swap...Festival of Loz doesn't seem that long since the Last One lol
Cheers

Susan said...

I would have watched it too, but we had a marathon high school presentation night.......almost three hours long. Lovely swap goodies.

Shay said...

That's one of my favourite movies as well.

Your swap goodies are just lovely. Do you think we Aussies love snowmen so much because they're so novel?

Daisy Jayne said...

Well actually..........I also watched the movie last night ... love it .... nice pressies... see the festival of love is drawing near

Kris said...

I have never watched Love Actually, but everyone was talking about it on social media last night. Oerhaos I will have to see it! Lovely stuff!

Anonymous said...

What lovely Pressies :)