Monday, April 1, 2013

Bunny Ears away.....

Yep...time to put the bunny ears away for another year!  Have had a lovely Easter....caught up with family and have managed some stitching and house chores as well.....interspersed with a little chocolate here and there!


Rhi and Wade came home on Thursday night - it was great to see them and we settled in to watch the footy.....hmmmmm......to say Rhi is a passionate and vocal supporter is an understatement.....I was pleased her team (Richmond) had a win...phew!!  Wade left on Friday morning to spend the day with his family who were camping on the Murray and Rhi stayed with me.  It was a lovely day......I managed to make a batch of hot cross buns and do a little stitching and Rhi caught up on some much needed sleep. 



They don't look as fancy as the shop bought ones ....but they were very tasty! (and they are all gone so they can't have been too bad!) I haven't made them for a couple of years so it was nice to get back into the tradition.

Saturday my sister arrived to spend a few days....she lives in the Northern Territory so we don't catch up very often.  A trip to Wholers in Tanunda yesterday was a must..our spending was quite restrained - one of us is flying home on Friday and one of us is saving!  We did shout ourselves out to lunch though.......



Needless to say neither of us ate dinner last night.....the CK Burger at the Company Kitchen in Angaston was enormous!! (and very delicious!)

Late yesterday I finished off the Easter table mat I started at the workshop at Country Hart last weekend.....I am very happy with the way it turned out.......and there was still some chocolate to display with it!!  (not any more!)


Today we went to Kate's rental property and re-organised the shed where she has some furniture stored.  That took up the best part of the day although I did mow the grass/dirt that passes for a lawn at the back of my house first thing this morning....well not too first thing...didn't want to wake the neighbours with the lawnmower and blower/vac!
This afternoon was spent in the sewing room having a major tidy-up.....it's been a big day!!!
 
Last week I finished off my swap gift for the FIS swap.......this parcel is off to Tassie!
 

 

It's Vintage Festival time in the Barossa....lots to see and do. I hope to get out to a few exhibitions during the week.
 
 
'Til next time.....Lorraine



 

8 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. Love your sweet little Easter mat.

DAWNIE said...

Oh those hot cross buns look unreal

Anonymous said...

i agree with Dawnie those hot cross buns look awesome and i absolutely love that easter table mat.xx

Cardygirl said...

Looks like you had a fun break...the buns would be delish! Love your Easter table mat too!

Lounging with a Latte said...

Sounded like a lovely Easter time. Your hot cross buns look delicious. I love the Wholers store, it's a great place to meander for a while!

Katie said...

My goodness, you've made me hungry! I think I better go make dinner. :-)

Sue SA said...

Your Easter mat is darling! I made hot cross buns once and they were rather rock like, yours look better then the shop ones! Glad you could fit in some chocolate...nothing like chocie and stitchign!

Cathy said...

What a great post...I think your buns look much better than shop bought ones and the Easter table mat is so cute...Can I ask who the designer is??