Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fun with my girl..................

Yesterday I drove to Adelaide to spend the day with Rhiannon......she had planned a mother/daughter day - always hard to resist.  (so I didn't)!!

I was wandering aimlessly in blogland a few days ago and came across a post from Doris about a kitchen trolley she had bought from Ikea for her sewing room........so Rhi and I added a trip to Ikea to yesterday's itinerary...hadn't been there in a very long time and we had a productive visit......



Next stop was Hetties Patch.....it was a pretty wet, cold and dreary day but that was all about to change......


Yum....a wander through this shop is sure to  whet your appetite.....and brighten your day!


 I have been looking at my stash in whole new light lately and find I need some brightness in it.......so bought a few Liberty pieces and some of the deliciousness from the table in the pic above.....I still like a good red though.......


 .....and the red theme continued when we went to lunch at Enzo's......


....red chairs.....and red cars brightening the grey day......


There were a couple more stops before we headed home to unpack the car and enjoy the spoils of the day...............I thought I would have a crack at assembling the trolley from Ikea.....piece-of-cake...!!

 
I also bought a few little caddy's to go in the trays...very happy with the result.......


Amitie BOM in one caddy and some stitching in the other....and a few of the new fabrics in the second tray...very handy to have beside the lounge at night...and easy to move into the sewing room...or by the bed.....wherever I want really!  Love it!


Speaking of the Amitie BOM......I have been hand piecing the blocks as they arrive...actually keeping up with this one...and am enjoying  (swearing and the throwing of partially completed blocks aside) getting back to hand piecing after a long absence - (I was going to completely hand piece a Farmers Wife quilt but that has ended up as two pot holders) - so far I am keeping up with the Bring Me Flowers BOM (just!) Here is ne of the previous blocks...just have to add the stems and it is d-o-n-e.  Better get a wriggle on - a little birdie told me the next blocks are out.......


This morning we watched my grandson play football and caught up with the others afterwards......it was wet and very muddy at the footy....just the way the kids like it I think!

I came home this afternoon and collected Rose from her sleep-over with Lexi....she has been in this position for most of the afternoon since we got home.....it surely is a tough life!

Meanwhile I have done some baking for the week ahead and some household chores......


Winter is still well and truly with us but we are slowly clawing back some daylight from the North - evidenced by the fact that I don't have to deploy the torch function on my phone in order to be able to see to unlock the door when I get home from work....I guess a movement activated outside light would be the thing to have, must put that on my "to do" list...but it's like the leaky roof that only leaks when it rains, the only time I need the light is when it's dark.....

Better fly...there is cricket to be watched and stems to be stitched!

'Til next time.........................Lorraine


13 comments:

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Thanks for passing along the idea for a "trolley" Very wise indeed!I noticed what also looks like a "curio cabinet" in the background. Is it for fabric or do you have quilts in there. Just wondering. Thanks again...Marg :)

Sarah said...

A great day, with my favourite weather, cheered up with lots of red. I think I need one of those trolleys in aqua, but I don't have a real need or space!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful day you had Loz and i love Hetties its a great shop and boy that trolly is a must have,what a great idea.xx

Suzanne said...

I saw that same cart in the IKEA Catalog that came in the mail this week. I may have to add it to my list too. Love the stitching!

Susan said...

I think I need to hire a a daughter! Sounds like a fun weekend, even with the wet weather. The trolley looks like a good idea, very handy.

Leanne said...

Mother /daughter days are always great. I do like that trolley. I no longer work Saturdays so missed you at Hetties. Now that I don't work Saturdays we must organise a weekend at Port Elliot.

Shay said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend but I officially dislike you – Hetties AND Ikea all in one day ...sounds like heaven.

I love that trolley – brilliant idea! I have all my current hand projects stiffed in a basket and it doesn't look half as nice as that!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You did have a good day...love the look of that trolly, great idea...

Shay said...

I totally meant stuffed not stiffed...

Daisy Jayne said...

wow the trolley looks fab....thanks for sharing .. mmm... might have to talk DH in a trip in the near future.. also Hettie's great shop with great staff.... sounds like a wonderful day

Sue SA said...

What an action packed weekend you had! Your mojo must be back with all the stitching and new flash sewing trolley, enjoy!

Farmyard Stitches said...

Sounds like you've had an awesome day! Had to laugh at the 'pot holders' comment!!! I'd have lots of pot holders.....! ;)

seabreezequilts said...

I wanted one of those trolleys for the longest time and then I changed my mind and got another spinny thing instead, but I still like the trolly. Maybe I could put it inside instead of the sewing room. Not sewing much myself at the moment though roll on the end of September and the end of my study.