Saturday, February 8, 2014

And on the fifth day................

............I realised that even though I may think I am fine I still need to rest!  So after four days back at work I took yesterday off and did just that!  I did have a whole raft of things planned (in my head) but rafts have a habit of sinking and I ended up doing not much at all (which was probably the best thing for me.....)

I plan to work on some secret stitching today - the sewing room is probably one of the coolest rooms in the house (in every respect!) as there is a lovely shady tree just outside the window so it won't be a bad place to spend some time.  I can't show you much of what I am working on but couldn't resist a couple of pics.....I love this fabric from NY - still have some scraps of it left - perfect for using  in this project.......



Mark and Terri are out this morning - Mark is playing basketball with some friends - that's what you do when it's going to be 42C!! (isn't it??)  Terri is watching......way more sensible! 

They cooked up a storm for breakfast this morning......



 
I am not going to mention the weather again except to show you my favourite appliance  which follows me to any room not covered by the AC.......it's my biggest "fan"....(sorry!)
 
 
'Til next time........................Lorraine

7 comments:

Susan said...

You are a by good patient for knowing when to stop and take a day off. Keep cool!

seabreezequilts said...

Good to hear you are still listening to your body. They didn't cancel my son's tennis this morning and it was atrocious.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You take care Loz and keep listening to your body....

Shay said...

Nice sneak peek – intriguing!

Glad you took Friday off – whats up with you being so sensible. Are you SURE you’re feeling OK?

Im totally over this weather. Warmth is fine but fry an egg on the footpath weather is ridiculous !

Leanne said...

It was even hot down here yesterday. Good to hear you are resting up.

Lynda said...

The black and whites are so lovely - the present will look fantastic. I hope the weekend wasn't too exhausting. Our weather is so ridiculously changeable.

Joolz said...

Oh, our air conditioning seems to struggle in the hot weather so I have a fan in the family room and one in the 'good room' too! I hate this weather!
Glad you are still resting when necessary, stay cool!