Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter fun.....

I am currently enjoying a few days home that isn't sick leave!!  Yay!!!  The weather over Easter was beautiful, cool mornings, sunny days and mild temps......perfect! 

Now that the eye is better (amazing what taking the stitches out did to improve it!) I have even been able to get back to some stitching (of the fun kind!) which I am loving!

Easter was quiet - my decorating was minimal and not an Easter egg, bunny or bilby was consumed - or even purchased.  I didn't even make hot cross buns this year!  I did buy a packet  of six and put  them in the freezer (out of sight out of mind.... and my mouth!) ...and there are still four left! 
 
Last year there were eggs........
 

this year there were none.... :(
 

so what have I been up to?  caught up with friends and family over Easter.....Claire and Shay came to spend the day on Monday - Shay even bought her new umbrella (which stopped the rain when it was purchased on a recent weekend in Melbourne  - so it hasn't been used yet) ....bearing in mind it was 28C on Monday with no rain in sight, so it wasn't really needed here either......but since she hadn't yet opened it we were keen to see what it was like since it had a cute frilly "bottom".......a little like a parasol maybe.....



Modelled beautifully! 

There was stitching going on in between sun breaks.........

Shay picked this hexagon beauty up from Val on Saturday and finished sewing the binding down on Monday......



Most of the NTFW girls had a hand in this quilt as we helped remove the papers following some over zealous glue application from Mrs P.....not one to do anything by halves :) 

Claire was working on hand quilting a Gail Pan design......


and also did some modelling....*sigh* there is always one isn't there? 


Rose enjoyed having the girls here......she also enjoyed some time on Shay's quilt while we ate lunch.....


....and after lunch when Shay resumed stitching........even though there was a lot less of the quilt for her to use! 


I even managed a bit of stitching - slowly but surely working my way through the stitcheries in this Natalie Bird book....


I am not sure if I have showed this finish from a few weeks ago.......another Gail Pan design......


That's about it from me for now...... I did spend some time in the sewing room yesterday, but got totally overwhelmed so sat and did some hand stitching instead......I will get back in there today though!

'Til next time.................Lorraine

12 comments:

Sue SA said...

Glad you have been having some fun over Easter! Rose looks so cute on the quilt. Love your stitchery, but especially the Easter table centre decoration, even without chocolate, I admire your willpower!

Leanne said...

Your easter table runner is beautiful, did you make it.
Beautiful stitching projects to, that Nat Bird stitching is on my to do list. I love it. Glad your eye is better.

Susan said...

I think your Easter egg table topper is much better than chocolate, very pretty. Lovely to spend the day stitching with friends, Rose looks like she might like her own quilt!

seabreezequilts said...

Glad the eye is on the mend. Sounds like apart from the eye you have had a few good weeks of girly time. Very jealous about all the goings on at AQC.. I will get there one day.

Jen said...

It is lovely spending time with friends and a cute bunny stitching. Lovely dragon fly quilting with the hexagons. Rose always loves the qilts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loz,yes I love your Easter table mat as well,it's rather cute,so glad your eye is coming good,looks like you have been having fun,lovely post.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like a perfect way to spend a day.....cute models....Rosie looks comfy...and wonderful projects...

Leanne said...

Sounds like the perfect Easter. Glad to hear the eye is on the improve.

Shay said...

And I still haven’t used my parasol for real . This weather has been amazing .

My dogs were exceedingly interested in that quilt when I brought it home. Rose was just adorable and I didn’t mind sharing my quilt with her one bit!

Ive finished one of those metwursts and am busy working my way through the second one.....

Chookyblue...... said...

it's always a crazy time when you girls get together.........

Cardygirl said...

Great pics, love seeing what you are up to!

Karen said...

The egg mat is just as cute as can be!