Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stitching day with the girls.......

Last Saturday it was my turn to host the NTFW stitching girls - always a fun time!  It was Shay's birthday the previous week so I made her a cake (of sorts!) the recipe was from the blog of Chef in Training and it is worth having a good look around this blog if you visit - some excellent recipes....

A few of my biscuits were fails - not the fault of the recipe I hasten to add, more the fault of the cook!  The recipe called for the biscuits to be a little under-done....mine were a little TOO under-done and wouldn't hold their shape...it was late on a Friday night after a big week at work to be fair :)

This was the result......and look at Rose waiting at the door for the girls to arrive!


....here is the birthday girl about to light the candles.....with Tara busy with her knitting next to her......I did have a pic of her scoffing  delicately eating one of the biscuits but thought better of posting it.....


Always good to catch up with the girls and see what they are working on....busy hands....

Val.....

 Kay....
 Lorraine.....
 Denise......

and look....no hands!  This was my effort for the day....I finally made a start on Leanne's project from Stitch in Spring....


I didn't get around to take pics of Claire and Shay's projects....bad host! 

Sunday I worked on Gail's project from Stitch in Spring....more pics to come............



'Til next time............Lorraine

9 comments:

Sue said...

Love Shays cake and I bet she did too.

Susan said...

Yummy cake....and lovely projects.

seabreezequilts said...

Looks like lots of stitching got done there. Sue Helen and I are having sewing day tomorrow. Can't tell you how long it's been, we are all so excited I've at least narrowed it down to 3 projects the other two have 6 apiece.

Sue SA said...

Yummo! Love seeing everyones stitching projects, thanks for show and tell.

Shay said...

The Birthday Girl LOVED her Oreo cake. I’ve been dreaming about it’s Oreo and frosting goodness all week.....You are officially my birthday cake maker for all future birthdays.

Making fabulous progress on Gail’s design there Loz. It’s looking very pretty!!!

Jeanette said...

Lovely cake. Looks like you all had loads of fun. Hugs,xx

Cardygirl said...

Love your stitching! Were they whoopsie pies for the lovely birthday girl?

thea said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time and the cakes look great!

Tazzie said...

It was great to see you Loz hon, and I must say, Shay's birthday 'cake' was the bomb, I loved it!
Thank you so much for having us all
*hugs*
Taz
:-)