Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A weekend away......and a winner!

First things first.......Thanks for all your comments on the previous post.....I am sure the winner of Gail's new book will enjoy it!......and the winner is...........comment #17.....Susan (Thimblestitch)...if you email me your address I will get the book out to you.  enjoy!

Last weekend I flew to Melbourne to meet up with Alison and a couple of her partners in crime from Newcastle....the occasion was the Marg Sampson George exhibition at the Quilters Barn.  We were also treated to a wonderful dinner on Saturday night - not sure what the collective noun for a group of quilters is, but I am sure it is something fun!  What a great night - thanks to all the girls who came along and made it such a special occasion. Unfortunately for Alison her best efforts to make off with one of Sue's quilts was thwarted - even though wearing the quilt as a skirt was a great attempt! 

I am supposed to be doing something else tonight but I am dragging my feet a bit and am not very organised - so when procrastinating and avoiding a task creating a blog post is the answer!   I will leave you with some pics from the weekend.....Melbourne we adored you!

Great views from the apartment as we settled in for the weekend....




Cardy and Marg ......

 .......and look who I found admiring the quilts inside the Barn......




oh hello Cardy.....
 

Hosier Lane.....
 
Our first visit to Brunetti.....I can't resist a lemon meringue tart.....


Beautiful L'uccello......and gorgeous Cardy of course.....



Southbank by night....


Hosier Lane.....(again)


A visit to Amitie....and there she is again.....snuggling under the Smitten quilt....



part of the huge mosaic work - Flinders St Station.....


Southbank by day.....




a great weekend....lots of laughs - lots of food - good times!
 
'Til next time.................Lorraine


12 comments:

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

What a great weekend! ..and so nice to catch up the the Cardy Girl!

Cardygirl said...

So much fun over the weekend x

Shay said...

It looks like a fabulous weekend Loz. I love to visit Melbourne, and a visit with Cardy would have been a blast.

seabreezequilts said...

Looks like a great weekend.

Jan said...

Great pics, Loz. I love Melbourne. What fun you and Cardy had!

Jan said...

Oh, and congratulations to gorgeous Susan too.

Susan said...

Wow, so exciting, thank you very much. I never expect to win a giveaway, so I was halfway through your post before I realised I am ThimbleStitch! Your weekend in Melbourne looks like so much fun, it's a great city. Good practice for your upcoming adventures. Thanks again.

Daisy Jayne said...

Loz looks a great time - food, fabric, friends and fun .... thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hi Loz lovely pics of a fun weekend and a big congrats to Susan xx

Dee said...

We had a weekend away too. The annual family reunion at Riverton. 18 out of 34 surviving cousins made it to the dinner at the Hotel that had been owned by our g grandparents where our grandparents met. Nothing sewing related but we went to Linkes Butchers, Barossa Farmers Market and Apex Bakery.

Chookyblue...... said...

your looking pretty goo there girlfriend.......great you got to spend some time with Cardy and enjoying shopping and the quilts together..........

Katie said...

So much eye candy!! :-)