Monday, July 13, 2015

Catching up.....

I have had some "home" time and it's been great to get into the sewing room and also the kitchen....I was happy to finish this little quilt for one of Rhiannon's friends....

I have also been working on some four patch blocks.....

To cut up to make hidden four patch blocks....these are in no particular order, just thrown on the floor as they come off the machine.....

I hope to get this finished and off to its new owner soon. One more baby quilt to make before I can start on anything else. I have been spending a bit of time watching late night sport over the past couple of weeks which has been a good chance to work on a stitchery project (secret stitching) so I can't show it yet.

I enjoy cooking and the cool weather has been perfect "soup weather" so I have been making pots of soup for lunches during the week. The odd batch of scones has also been whipped up.....

A bit of rearranging and playing in the house...

I am very much a winter girl, much prefer the cool/cold to the heat..... mornings and evenings.....the light is amazing......

It's been a very relaxing time for just generally enjoying life! A few plans for some stitching classes and a retreat or two later in the year...plenty to look forward to! Good times!

'Til next time......Lorraine

 

9 comments:

Phyllis in Minnesota said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm a Winter Girl too Loz Usually! Not here in the UK ATM ...
Lovely Finish and a Favourite Nine Patch.
Cheers

Shay said...

Not liking it being quite so cold here . Your randomly thrown blocks look fabulous. Seems as if you're keeping busy at home . It'd be nice if you could sprinkle some of your boundless motivation my way!

Sue SA said...

I agree, prefer to snuggle up by the fire then flop by the pool! Love the finished quilt, not sure what you call this pattern, bricks? Just lovely colours, sweet. Hmmm scones and soup, perfect!

Kath said...

I am like you, I prefer the cooler weather, although winter in England can be very wet and it gets dark at 4pm, but perfect for soup and quilting, 2 of my favourite things!

Susan said...

I am a winter girl too. Your quilts are very colourful though during the bleak weather we're having.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I'm for cooler temps gal---hot, hot hot in the sunny south.

Lynda said...

Love the four-patch quilt - it's looking great. The buffet with the photos and candles looks so cosy. I can't wait for spring - love the warmth in the air. It's too cold for me just now.

Deb said...

Hiya lovey, yep another winter girl here also. Your bright little quilt is gorgeous and your four patch blocks are looking fabulous.You must have so much fun changing things around in your lovely little house, I know how much I enjoy doing it here.