Monday, September 28, 2015

Stitch in Spring 2015

Last Friday at really-early-o'clock Kristin and I set off for the eight hour drive to Port Campbell for the 2015 Stitch in Spring with Linda from Gum Valley Patchwork....Linda and her family work hard to make the stitching day a success, and this year was no exception. 

But first things first.......we had a little break in the trip to visit Lenora at Elm Grove Patchwork.....a few pics from her shop.......




 ....and here is Lenora herself.......always happy to see that smiling face....


Yummy....Lovely Liberty......


We arrived in Port Campbell and settled in before heading to dinner .....catching the sunset as we went......


Saturday morning I was up bright and early for a walk on the beach.....these guys had a birds eye view of proceedings.....




It was soon time for the day to begin and we were greeted with a great display of the work of our tutors.....

Gail's designs for the day......



there was shopping to be done.....


before starting work on some stitching....


everyone was hard at it.......



I took some time out to check out some of Helen's designs....



 and Helen took some time out to demonstrate technique....this time it was the clamshells on one of her projects for the day.....



a closer look at the top of the project.....


a little time out with Gail at the end of the day.....


 Helen was busy signing books.....


all too soon the day was over and we wandered back to the motel to get ready for dinner....the lawn daisies were out enjoying the last of the sun for the day.....


Sunday morning saw me out and about again - I can never get enough of the beach....and I live a long way from it so wanted to make the most of this visit.....



Looking across the bay to the surf lifesaving club which was the venue for the two stitching days.....



A walk to the top of the cliff through native vegetation.....blossoms abound.....



 A tiny bird looking very fragile in the wind.....




An old marker on the road......




I was enjoying this walkway....


Then found this sign at the end......luckily I didn't see any......


Back at the motel it was time for breakfast and a start on some stitching....where was the project I started on Saturday.....it was there ready to go, but I was distracted by this kit I bought.....and by the end of the day it was done.....love it...and there will be more of these in the future I think....this one is now winging its way to Sydney.....


Evening came around and the warm day disappeared to be replaced by a cool evening...cool enough for a wood fire.......


....and another magnificent sunset......


the next morning we were up at even-earlier-o'clock for the drive home....I had a meeting at work later in the day and a dog to pick up from the boarding kennel.  Another great weekend over but not forgotten.  always fabulous to spend time with friends new and old - let there be more of it!

'Til next time.......Lorraine

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

It looks like you had a lovely weekend. I miss living by the beach!

Katie said...

Stunning scenery and even lovlier stitching. I’m jealous. ;-)

Jeanette said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend. Love all the scenery. Hugs,xx

KERYN B said...

Now that is how to spend a weekend.

Jill H said...

Great write up, Loz.

Kath said...

It all looks devine! (you have reminded me that I must try making clamshells, I have a vintage metal template).

Linda said...

Thank you so much for making the trip over. The worst part is that I never get enough time to just sit and talk with you! Lenora looks very impressed about having her photo taken.... ;)

Joolz said...

A lovely weekend. We were in Portland that same weekend and did see a snake when we went to Cape Bridgewater! We'd been on a walking track to the Blowhole and back and right near our cars, there it was, a bloody big brown snake! Yikes! We let him slither off into the greenery....

Joolz xx

Barbie G said...

I agree time just went too fast, Stitch in Spring is very enjoyable, Linda & her crew do a fabulous job, so organized & friendly/happy vibe. Great pics !
Barbie Graham

Yvonne W said...

Sounds like a fabulous craft weekend. Port Campbell looks like a lovely spot to visit.

Jan said...

Don't know how I missed commenting on this, Loz - sorry. It looks like such a fun day. Think I shall have to join you next year. And of course I'll see you soon. x