Monday, February 8, 2021

Long time between drinks.....uh...posts!

 They say the best laid plans etc......I had the best intentions of posting more often, but it didn't happen, so now I find myself playing catch up again.

I could say not much has happened since July 2020 but that isn't quite true - our family was blessed in early September with the arrival of little Olive to complete Mark and Terri's family - Olive follows her two brothers and two (male) cousins who were all delighted to meet her!

Olive was born on her great yia-yia's 97th birthday.

September also saw me at another stitching retreat at Sew Delightful Quilting Retreat B&B in Burra.  I managed to finish a quilt started ten years ago in a class at the Patchwork Apple in Lenswood (sadly the shop has since closed) :(  The top was done except for the flying geese border which didn't take all that long to do - but it has waited ten long years!

Barb and I went exploring around the town and ventured out to the old jail and several other spots....I also took along my recently completed scrap quilt for a photo opportunity...or two....

We also visited the old dug-outs which housed some of the early settlers to the town.....Burra is a very interesting old town - one of my favourite places in SA.






A group of us ventured further up the road to Jamestown where we spent some time (and a little cash) in Charlene's Quilting and Patchwork shop - no pics from the shop - too busy selecting fabrics.....

A trip to the hairdresser is always an opportunity for some hand stitching and I started my version of the June Dyson coverlet from Emma at Treehouse Textiles in Victoria.  The top has now been finished and loaded on to the hoop for some hand quilting. 


Fast forward to December and another family milestone with Rhiannon and Wade's wedding. They have been together just over 15 years, but you can't hurry these things!  It was a perfect day - the weather really played its part with a beautiful sunny day - and after quite a bit of windy weather in the lead up to the day the wind took a break! The ceremony took place on a property overlooking Willunga and the reception was at the Star of Greece restaurant overlooking the beach. Just perfect!

Christmas was just a few days after the wedding and we had a great time here - the boys were excited for Santa's visit (Olive didn't seem to care) - getting a photo of everyone is always a challenge but I think we managed a couple.

A couple of days after Christmas I packed up the tree and most of the decorations and Rose and I drove to Tumby Bay for a visit with Mum and my sister and BIL.  Rhi and Wade and the boys joined me a couple of days later and we saw in the new year together.  Among the walks and playground visits were a couple of fishing expeditions to the local jetty where Ezra caught his first fish!  Great excitement!

The only stitching I did while I was away was the binding on the quilt finished at Burra! 

the holidays over the big kids have gone back to school (they are all teachers) and this year Lenny joined Mark at his school.  Not sure where the years have gone! 

Rose is now almost 11 (but she acts like a puppy most of the time!) She had to have surgery a couple of months ago to remove some teeth but has bounced back from that - I was certain she would be on soft food forever, but after the initial couple of weeks she is back to eating normally.   She always enjoys visits from the grandies and waits (sometimes not that patiently) for any spills from the high chair. Here she is enjoying her favourite pastime!

That's about it for now I think.  

Now entering my second year of retirement and I don't think I have really made a dent in the projects stashed in the sewing room, but will keep at it! :)

Until next time......Lorraine

9 comments:

Joolz said...

It's lovely to catch up with my old blog mates. I haven't posted in a year and I just opened my blog to find another blog and saw yours.
It's great to see your family has expanded and always nice to see a wedding in the mix. We have one on March 20 - Brianna, our youngest gets married in McLaren Vale - hoping for that sunny, not windy day like you got!
Good to see you ploughing through your UFO's too!

Cheers - Joolz xx

AnnieO said...

Hi there! Lovely long catchup, glad to see all the happy photos of family and vacations and quilts. Hope you drop back in soon.

Lynda said...

What a wonderful few months! So much happy family time and a new baby to boot. Rhi was a beautiful bride.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Loz! Lovely to catch up with your news. Glad you're keeping busy in your retirement. ;0) You've mentioned a couple of places that we obviously missed on our visits to SA in 2018 & 2019 (My aunt lives near Nairne) so we'll obviously need another trip down south. :0) Can't believe Rose is 11! I remember when you shared pics when you brought her home. Time flies when you're having fun. :0) Enjoy working your way through your stash of projects. Bear Hugs! KRIS

Jen said...

Hello Granny Loz ,Lovely to see you on here . I need to be on here more often and I am planning to do this.. Your blog post is lovely seeing all the projects and events ,lovely photos of your retirement with the family and beautiful children .Was so happy to see Rose now 11 yrs. Jen xx

Chookyblue...... said...

wonderful to see you blogging again...........wow finally they got married........after all those years but all done now and they look gorgeous......

lovely quilts you have been working on.......

Cryptocurrency said...

I go to many corners of the world in search of delicious food but i loved that food until i saw your post i saw your post and i tasted the food you made i want to say that my best experience hai now i can taste better your post now i don't need to go around for taste. Bussiness Dropshipping
establish good relationship
Gurgaon VIP Girl
Gurugram Party Girl
Gurgaon Dating Girl
VIP Girl Gurgaon
health tips for students
Health tips family

loulee said...

What a great catch up post.
Your log cabins are great, the blue one is especially stunning.

roshni-mishra said...

I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings as much as possible but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post and you have expressed words is very beautiful. Well, you seem to have expressed your feelings. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. college girls in gurugram
Butey girl agency
vip girl gurgaon
Busty Girls in DLF Phase 3
Low Price girl gurugram
cheap Girls In Gurugram
Modal Girls in Baga Beach
Hostel girl gurugram
Gurugram vip girl