Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ta Da....!! First Quilt off the Frame.........

Just wanted to share with you the first quilt off the frame....................It is far from perfect and I learned lots from this first project....but a quilt top that has been finished for at least 10 years now has a chance (if I get the binding on!!) of being a useful quilt! The top was made for someone who chose the fabrics and then didn't like the way they all looked together and didn't want the quilt....so I was out of pocket and had a quilt top I wasn't very keen on either!! LOL.....It has been a learning quilt right from the start I guess you could say!! So here it is ready for binding .....................
So don't look too closely!...........but I am reasonably pleased with it and it will keep someone warm this winter! .......which is better than it sitting in my sewing room as a flimsy!

I really enjoyed the process of quilting on the frame and this quilt will be the first of many!!

'Til next time.....................Lorraine

19 comments:

Beeeme! said...

Hello Lorraine! I'm not sure why my comment wouldn't let u reply, but I am new to this, so hopefully I will be able to find out. Yes, I am interested in hearing about your frame adventures! My email is meaquilta@yahoo.com, and you've found my blog. Can't wait for mine to land!

Beeeme! said...

Oh and that's a great 'practice' quilt! How rude that the person u made it for treated u that way. Never mind, as u say, someone can have it and be warm this winter.

loulee said...

Oooh! Send it to me, I think it's adorable.
Well done you for using your frame, practice, practice practice, and remember, we are usually our own worst critics.

Daisy Jayne said...

Lorraine.... not bad for your first attempt .... looks fab to me.......cant wait to see the next
one

Chookyblue...... said...

fantastic to see the doovy working..........wonderful........Oh and I like the quilt........

Kris said...

My first quilt 17 years ago used that heart pattern! How wonderful to have it quilted. It looks pretty good, especially for a first effort. Well done Loz!

Lynda said...

Hooray! Fantastic Lorraine.

Nancy said...

The quilt top looks great from over here!! I don't hand quilt at all, so I really appreciate hand quilting...
How rude the person backed out. I would have made her pay for the fabric anyway...

KC Quilter said...

Looks good to me!!!! And congrats on a finish!

Andrea said...

Hey - well done and I think it's a great quilt for some-one. First of many ? lol x

Pat said...

Great job. I think that it looks wonderful. Who ever gets it this winter will be toasty warm.

Unknown said...

Think it looks great Lorraine, weel done on your first go at the machine. If you don't like it, why not give it to a charity?

Levin said...

I'm looking forward to trying out the quilting frame at Hettie's soon - I think it's finally time to stop being scared of these things!
Your first attempt looks good - here's to many more years of quilting :)
l
x

Leanne said...

It looks good the first of many.

Karen said...

Done is good. And you are on the road to conquering the new frame! I forsee many more finishes to come.

Bunny said...

Great job on your quilt I think it is very soft and pretty. Glad you enjoyed quilting on your frame.

Stina Blomgren said...

Love it...and oh so much fun you will have...:o)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Lorraine. Love the hearts. Very effective.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

GREAT JOB!!!! Carry on Loz!!!!