Monday, January 4, 2010

Just dropping in.......

.......or down as the case may be!......remember this pic from yesterday's post...........

...........note the nice un-obstructed drive way.........that all changed tonight when a large branch dropped from a gum tree on the right of the picture......

A bit hard to see as it was quite dark but if we had the cars in tonight we would be cutting our way out.........but since the cars are out the front we won't have to break out the chain saw tonight! ....could have been a good excuse to stay home from work????

And now for something completely different.................
About this time last year I was lucky enough to win a pillow from Kellie.........I have kept it off the lounge and away from the dog and last week I found the perfect pillows to go with it on the bed.........
I love these together! I saw the frilly pillows in a local shop when I was Christmas shopping and knew I had to have them.....!! .....and I just love Kellie's pillow.......her work is beautiful!
'til next time............Lorraine

13 comments:

Joy said...

I was going to say 'lucky the cars weren't blocked in' .... but as you said, that would have been a great excuse for a day off for stitching he he he. Looks like the Aggies survived though :o).
Love the pillows .... just right :o)!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Leanne said...

That will teach you for taking a lovely picture of the drive LOL. Still green with envy over that pillow.

OzRose said...

Oh well Lorraine, firewood coming up for the winter???? Love the pillow set, they match sooo well. Earn a dollar or two for me while you are at work :)))

Kris said...

Ahh, gum trees! They do that! Well, that is pretty exciting. Your bed looks lovely. Love the frilly knicker pillows too!

Granny Lyn said...

oh, that pillow is beautiful! and those bits of fluff are the icing on the cake!

that branch was just waiting for the perfect moment to drip from the sky. Too bad your cars were free...coulda been a great sewing day...tee hee

Lynda said...

Lucky the branch wasn't too near your house. Your Kelly pillow is really lovely and so are the new frilly cushions - they look terrific on the bed.

AnnieO said...

Well, that's a horse of a different color! Good thing no cars were damaged, whew!

Love the pillows, fun and sweet. That Kellie is very talented in the colorway/quilting/applique/design categories. I'm sure there are some categories I missed...

Lissa Jane said...

Phew.. its unAustralian of you NOT to have a day off work to fix this problem *W* of course I would of.. then again, I have only had 10 days off work in 18 months.. boy, I need a holiday!



Lissa
nr Newcastle

deb said...

Oh I LOVE that pillow you won, and the other one tooooo!!!!!!!!!
Ouch on the downed tree!!!

Sheryl said...

So much for the perfect picture, lucky it didn't do too much damage.
The cushions look perfect with "that" cushion, it is soooo gorgeous, I bet you pinch it everyday to make sure it is real or maybe just touch it a little, love it.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I LOVE that pillow. It is sooooo pretty. You lucky thing you. And your new pillows to match are pefect.
WOW I cant believe that branch. It's a big one. I would have used that as an excuse to stay home Loz.
Hugs
SHAZ

Katie said...

LOVE Kellie's pillows. (The other ones too.)

It looks so lovely and summery there. Here is so brown and cold. Way colder than it's supposed to be. Ugh.

Beeshebags said...

Congratulations on the win Lorraine...it's a gorgeous cushion hey? Hugs Naomi