Saturday, August 28, 2010

Log Cabin Fun

I haven't made log cabin blocks for a long time.....today was a log cabin class social day at the Patchwork Apple.....Kris was there..........which made for a lot of laughing/chatting but we did get some stitching done........!  I have been collecting black/white fabrics for a while and today seemed like a good day to use them......but what to put with them...............I looked at red........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....then went for some Red Rooster fabrics instead! .....after messing around putting fabrics together.....getting coffee/hot choccy from the bakery next door......we got down to some cutting......and managed to finish a couple of blocks before lunch!  Here is a very bad pic of my finishes blocks so far - I have to confess I only finished 9 blocks in the class.......the rest I did when I came home.....between loads of washing and other household chores........


I had to lay out the blocks fairly quickly....Rose was trying to help!  The log cabin blocks will form the outer border.....I am thinking of making a few green (centre fabric) geese to throw in here and there....These fabrics are very different to the CW fabrics I have been working with lately!

Not much else going on here.......the weekend, as always, is slipping by very quickly - not much planned for tomorrow......maybe some sewing......maybe some visiting.......

'Til next time.......................Lorraine

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Wowzer - fabulous colors!

Winona said...

Great colors. Looking forward to seeing this one finished. Have a great weekend. Winona

Nancy said...

Love that color combo... so fresh and pretty...

Karen said...

What a good fabric combination. I love log cabin quilts. I have parts cut out for one right now but no time to sew them up.

AnnieO said...

Very jazzy log cabins! I think some flying geese in the green would look terrific. Sounds like you had a great time playing with fabric and friends.

Pip said...

The weekend is never long enough. I saw those blocks on Kris's blog, but didn't see any more of them, now I know where they went to. I really like the colour combination, and you have to watch the fur babies when you lay out quilt blocks, they will always be trying to get a paw in.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh these sure are different to your CW quilt blocks......looks good.......

Shay said...

I've never made a log cabin block in my life. It's on the list.

Don't those colours just play beautifully off one another? You have such an eye for what goes with what.

Perhaps Rosie wants to learn to quilt?

picklesticks said...

I am such a fan of white and colour at the moment but those blocks show that black and colour is just as fabulous. Love them!

Robyn said...

looks great Laraine, I have been burning the midnight oil turning my next Chrissy design into a reality x

Kris said...

Love the title of this post. It really was fun! I made a few more last night too and just had so fun doing it. Your blocks are really just stunning! It's gonna be a great quilt.

Lynda said...

Those colours look fantstic Lorraine. A few green geese in there will be wonderful - add a bit of zing.

seabreezequilts said...

Love the colour combo Lorraine. Looks pretty cool.

Doris said...

This is a DRASTIC dfference from what you have been sewing lately... LOVE these colors, and the geese are a perfect compliment.