Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Quietly busy........

It's been a while since I posted......have been planning to post but you know what "they" say about best laid plans etc....etc.......so it is that a couple of weeks have gone by........

January is always a busy time for me at work with the planning for our Australia Day function ....it's pretty much under control now with just the finishing touches to do......after Saturday I can relax and get back to "normal" at work..(whatever that is!) Most nights after work (the ones I stayed awake until after dark) have been spent stitching - I prepped a whole bunch of stitcheries a couple of weekends ago and have been working my way through them - determined to get a head start on gifts this year! 

Some Leanne Beasley along more of the Morsel pincushion pattern ...these are quite addictive!
 
 
More needlebooks....a Gail Pan pattern.....
 
 
This little gem is a Kathy Schmitz pattern - I bought it as a kit and love it.....something for Christmas 2013!
 
 
A little bit of Natalie Bird.......the thread I used for this one is a Cottage Garden thread called Plum Pudding!  Love it!
 


The Australian Open tennis has also been on this past week so I have watched that while I stitched......although Rose got quite confused and couldn't work out what the noise was during one match with both of the players emitting a loud screech every time they hit the ball.....I had to hit the "mute" button until that match was over.  Not much on TV this time of year so the tennis has been good entertainment.

The kids have all been on holiday.....here in Aus Rhiannon and Wade drove to the east coast and spent some time beach hopping up the coast to Byron Bay where they met up with friends for a few days before heading home......in Europe Mark and Terri spent Christmas in Austria then back to London in time for some snow there as well.

....so one couple having fun in the sun......


...the other having fun in the snow!  quite a contrast!

 
Better fly........work awaits!
 
'til next time.....................Lorraine


23 comments:

Googy Girl said...

the stitcheries look great, you have certainly been a busy little sewer

Leanne said...

You have been busy, as always the stitcheries you choose are lovely. I get to watch the cricket 24/7 urrrrrr.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love your gifts. Where did you buy the Live Love Laugh tape from.

Susan said...

Sweet projects, love the ribbon on the pincushion. They look good for using up small scraps. Both of those holiday options look very appealing.

Cheryl said...

Great projects...love them all!! Wonderful pictures of your kids!

DAWNIE said...

Great selection of things you have been doing

Lynda said...

All your stitcheries look wonderful - you are achieving lots. Your kids are having a ball and building fantastic memories.

Soph said...

Hooray for mostly under control! I expected this post to be titled, "Very Busy!" I love all your stitcheries. You have been so productive. I love, love, love the fabric that you have used with the Leanne Beasley stitchery. I might just have some of that in a cupboard in my sewing room!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I will join the first couple with the lighthouse in the background!!!!
I love your little projects--such pretties they are--
hugs, di and miss gracie

Katie said...

Gosh. I wish I could say I was getting ahead with projects. I'm so impressed! :-)

seabreezequilts said...

Lots of stitching going on at your place. Good luck for Saturday.

Cathy said...

Wonderful stitcheries- I love the Live Love Laugh pin cushion!!

Anonymous said...

such lovely projects you have been working on Loz,well done.Looks like the kids are all having fun.xx

AnnieO said...

Your stitcheries are so cute! Love the Joy bunting, too. Glad you are getting some needle and thread therapy among all the work busyness. Those kids seem to be enjoying the weather, wherever they are :)

Sue SA said...

Wow you have been busy, your might need a long lie in on Sunday and a G n T on Saturday night! Hope it all goes well, oi oi oi!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Loz...

FlourishingPalms said...

It's good to get one's projects lined up for the new year, isn't it? Gosh, it looks like you've made an excellent start! You have some lovely pieces there. Embroidery is so relaxing; I sure enjoy it too.

Chookyblue...... said...

great sewing set........I haven't had a chance to get into mine yet.........

Deb R said...

Lovely stitcheries, always good to get a good head start!

Leanne said...

Beautiful projects. Your stitching is lovely.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

you've been doing heaps! love the pics of the kids too...snow looks very appealing. Have a great Australia Day Xx Lea

Jo said...

Those stitcheries are beautiful. I love stitching little projects in front of the TV when I'm tired, it's relaxing but still productive!
Hannah :o)

Michelle said...

Love the needlecases in red, nice stitcheries too.