Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reposted for Chooky

 
You have probably seen this post on Chooky's blog........please contact her if you can help.


Australia Day is all about being Australian and to me being Australian is helping your mates (friends) out when they need it so I think today is the day to get my plan together and ask for your assistance. 

I have been thinking about this all week..............what could I do...........how could I do it............could I do it..........well then here we go there is no stopping now................

The Wambelong Fire in the Warrumbungles Shire 

 to date 

56,000ha has been burnt out

53 homes destroyed

120 shed/out buildings

unknown livestock, machinery, fences etc

The fire is still being controlled today nearly 2 weeks since it started..........

So how can you help.............


If you have a completed quilt that you would like to donate to the people who have been affected by the fires in Warrumbungles Shire could you please leave a comment on this post so I can contact you.

I have been in contact with a couple of friends and we have 7 quilts between us now..............

I am unsure of the ages of the people affected but I did see a mixture of ages when I spent a day at the recovery centre............

What you can send me..............

a completed/bound quilt with a label and a letter/postcard from you with your contact details so if the recipient wants to contact you they can

(Unfortunately I can NOT take blocks etc to put quilts together as i don't have the time, skills or resources available to do this)

The quilts will be distributed via the 


 Quilts can also be dropped off to 

Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill Nundle

Anni @ The Home Patch Bathurst

If you are unable to send a quilt but would like to assist people affect by the fires you can make a donation to Blazeaid.

 

Blazeaid assists farmers to rebuild their fences after fires and was formed after the 2009 fires in Victoria.
 The organisation  operates with volunteers offering time to go and work with the teams in the areas rebuilding fences. 

They have a donations wish list page and also a page about volunteering with them. 

All donations no matter how small add up and will benefit farmers in the areas they have set up base camps at the moment. 
Coonabarabran's Blazeaid camp is being set up as I type...........

%%%%

I do hope you can help..........

please spread the word........

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks heaps for posting about this........and the goodies yours sending over will be very much appreciated by fire affected people..........