Sunday, October 12, 2014

Life's a beach......

....and I don't live anywhere near one.......so I always enjoy a getaway that involves one.......
As mentioned previously, this little jaunt was to visit Leanne who lives in a lovely part of the world a couple of hours from me........

Rose came along and spent some time bonding with Bella..... who pretty much ignored Rose with dignified disdain...she is quite the lady! I certainly enjoyed having Rose along, and she had a ball.......here are a few pics of her on hols....


The wind plays havoc with a girl's hair!.......


Yikes....a seagull......

You are kidding me.......I can't go play with it???????


Leanne shared some of her favourite walks with us, and I am looking forward to visiting again one day to explore some more of this beautiful spot!  I will leave you with a few more pics.....oh yes.....someone found the bag of food I had left out  and thought she would help herself......


This morning we walked over the causeway from Victor Harbor to Granite Island.......a couple of the rock formations on the island....



more from the walk around Granite Island.....the colours of the rocks, the grass and the sea are such a great combination......




We finished our walk around the island as the horse drawn tram was coming across....


Looking back towards Victor Harbor.....



There is a team of horses and they take turns to pull the tram over to the island - they have a great shady spot on the foreshore where they are fed and groomed and get to rest between "shifts"........


So all too soon it was time to head home.....The next day a guest arrived at my house - time for me to play host and show someone my part of the world. 

More on that next time.......Lorraine

15 comments:

Joolz said...

Stunning pictures, Loz. Another part of SA we need to explore more.

Susan said...


What a lovely place. Anoth one for the list......

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous place to visit Loz. Love the photo's of Rose. Hugs,xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like a gorgeous spot....

Sue SA said...

Great photos, such lovely weather, say hi to Leanne for me!

Jan said...

Gadding about AGAIN!! What a lovely place to live - another one for the list ...

Jo in TAS said...

Lovely photos, looks like a beautiful place to visit x

Shay said...

I love Victor...it's such a quintessential holiday destination. How blue does the water look in the bay !!!!

Glad Miss Rose got to enjoy this jaunt with you- she really does look like she's bemused she cant go make friends with that seagull.

Daisy Jayne said...

Lovely place spent sometime there recently and your photos tell just that

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous country, so unusual. That one rock formation looked like a bear to me. Rose's hair got a few hairstyle looks!

Kath said...

Smashing photos- what blue sea and sky!
I enjoyed seeing little Rose and the horse drawn tram was very interesting. There is a huge movement to ban the horse drawn traps and carriages in central park, USA, I would be very sad about that. The horses you showed seem very well cared for and give a lot of pleasure I'm sure.

Chookyblue...... said...

so nice you and Leanne got to spend some time together...........

Leanne said...

Bella told me she loved having her friend Rosie to stay and that she was welcome back anytime.

Sarah said...

Love your photo showing the jewel coloured turquoise sea. So pretty. My in laws have a house at Port Elliot now so we try and visit every year. Unfortunately it's always in school holidays and it's crazy busy down that way. I much prefer the "secret" beaches of Yorkes!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Your pictures are breath taking!