Monday, October 27, 2014

Grounded.......

Where to start?  I guess the best thing to do is start where I left off......I had just got home from a few days with Leanne at the beach.......the next day I picked up a friend from the airport and we spent a couple of days touring around the Barossa, eating (lots of fun stuff) and even managed some stitching in the evenings.  It was a lovely time and it was over all too soon.  It is always great to show a friend around my neck of the woods.  We aren't into wine, but there are many other fun things to see and do here...a lot of them involve food!  All too soon I was seeing her off at the airport and heading home to get ready to go back to work - I packed a lot into just one week off!

I started a new project after receiving my Flowering Snowball templates from Baycreek in the post.....and can I just say their customer service excellent! ..... the templates are easy to use ...and the blocks go together easily...so what more could a girl ask for?! I chose the 8" finished size block so the pieces can be cut from a 5" square....and I have lots of those.....





It has taken a couple of weekends to get these blocks done....there always seems to be something that needs doing, but then I am not in a hurry with this one and am enjoying the scrappiness of it.  There was a quiltalong on Mary's blog a while ago, and I particularly liked Irene's quilt here so ordered the templates and the rest, as they say, is history. 

Work has been crazy busy over the past few weeks and I haven't done much stitching at night as most nights I go to bed with the chooks (as in not really WITH the chooks - more like at the same time as them.....)  so, not very conducive to lots of show and tell!

However, having said that, (let me say this).....I have had a finish...... Gail's stitching folder started in Port Campbell a few weeks ago.....

.
..and here it is all packed ready to take to stitching with the NTFW girls..........


Always great to catch up with everyone - Shay bought healthy snacks as always.....although I must divulge that she also bought strawberries, real ones, not lolly ones which I haven't shown here.......
 
 Shay is working on this beauty and was busy making hexis....not too much glue hopefully.....


I finished this Christmas stitchery, another Gail Pan pattern......


.....and started stitching on this little beauty from Anni Downs .....


....I know it's almost November, and I have mentioned Christmas a couple of times in this post.....I went to one of my favourite stores the other day and came home with some Christmas decorations.....too early????....I didn't want to put them away (where they might be forgotten when it IS time to decorate ...soooooooooo.......



a cute wire tree with buttons and bells with some metal deccies......loving these.....they might stay out all year :)


So that's about it from me.....a quick catch up of the last few weeks....not sure where the time goes really.

'Til next time..................Lorraine

16 comments:

Terry said...

I LOVE your flowering snowball blocks! I think I may have to visit Baycreek Quilting and get those templates for myself! Love the little elephant too! :0)

Cardygirl said...

Your stitching is lovely and I am tempted by the flowering snowball!
Nice to have had some fun visitors especially when work has been so busy.
Xxxx

Shay said...

The Flowering snowball is a pile of gorgeous goodness . The whole quilt is going to be a beauty.

So glad you clarified that you aren’t sleeping with chooks....

Having seen your beautiful stitching folder in the flesh I can attest that it is indeed a work of art.

I’ve dumbed down the glue even further since I found out on Saturday that no help with be forthcoming from you lot to get those papers out of the fabrics this time around. I dare say Im going to be working on this project at every NTFW for the next 12 months...

Leanne said...

LOVE that quilt ........ I envy your productivity ......... I went to bed with the chooks last night as I was cold how weird is this weather.

Katie said...

That’s going to be a fabulous scrappy quilt!

We discovered Christmas things in the stores too. It isn’t even Halloween yet!!

Lynda said...

I LOVE your new tree (and the decorations) - it's absolutely beautiful. Lots of fun times visiting and with your visitor.

Susan said...

Lovely, busy times in your post. The snowball is a gorgeous pattern, looks great in those fabrics. I can't resist that style of decorations either, and agree they are pretty enough to leave out all year.

Kath said...

lots of lovely things to see! I'm off to follow some of your links, thankyou for providing those. I', still in my dressing gown (morning here in England) but can't resist more quilts, more stitcheries..my poor dog is waiting patiently for her walk LOL

Karen H said...

The flowering snowball blocks are gorgeous! That's going on my "to do" list right away!

Thanks for sharing all of the lovely projects. The hexagon quilt in particular speaks to me!

MarneyMay said...

The flowering snowball looks great, love scrappy quilts. Congratulations on the finishes. Your embroidery is is beautiful
Cheers Pauline

Sarah said...

I love your Flowering Snowball blocks. Love the scrappiness of them, just beautiful! And your stitching folder is beautiful too
Sarah xx

Sue said...

Wow your quilt is going to look amazing Loz, loving the scrappiness of it. How do you sew curves...huh.
Love your xmas decs too and no it's never too early to put them out if you enjoy them. I love my xmas decs. I must get my 5 crates out the shed in readiness!
And I love the pumpkin lollies too. Cute.
Xx Sue

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey loz how much have you done of Miss Elizabeth?
I just got the pattern........

Leanne said...

Those blocks look amazing, are they hard to make? Love your little tree. I would leave it out all year to.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

I absolutely love your flowering snowballs. Are they hand pieced or machine?
I like your elephant too.. you have been doing some lovely work Loz!

thea said...

The flowering snowballs look great. Sounds like you had an amazing time with you group .. love the wire tree ...