Saturday, December 27, 2014

I have fallen.....

into the post-Christmas abyss...but will claw my way out soon!  Not sure if you know what I mean....the days leading up to Christmas seem to be full on - planning/packing/preparing/baking/shopping...oh and of course throw in working! Then comes 'the' day which seems to pass in a blur - fun/food (usually too much of a good thing) and catching up with family. Boxing day arrives and I like to spend most of the day watching the cricket and the start of the Sydney Hobart yacht race....with copious amounts of water and several naps!  Today I woke up not knowing for a minute what day it was.....this because my days are usually very structured with work so this time between Christmas and New Year is quite a surreal time for me....long summer days with no structure at all - which is lovely for a while but not sustainable - this morning I laid some really excellent plans for the day (in my head) - which didn't eventuate because I spent the entire day reading and watching the cricket.  As I said, not sustainable!  So tomorrow I will claw myself out of the abyss and make a start on cleaning the sewing room so I can at least get in there to sew! 
 
All too soon it will be time to go back to work!

Christmas Day was lovely.......Skype time with Rhi and Wade in Denver and some pics from their day on the slopes....they are having a ball and enjoying the novelty of a white Christmas.......
 
 
..and I think Rhi makes a pretty cute snow angel!
 

Mark arrived home safe and mostly sound from his Thai adventure...and Terri was pretty happy to have him home......

 
He spent some time helping Terri's nieces open their gifts....... 
 

Terri did a great job with the lunch and although I tried not to over-indulge I still didn't need to eat dinner that night! 

The online stitching group I belong to has a Secret Santa swap with five small advent gifts and a gift to open on Christmas Day......my partner Christine sent these gifts for days 1-3 ....


 and this fabulous table runner for Christmas Day....Aus Post obviously knows I love to make Christmas last so is holding on to the parcel with days 4 and 5 for next week........


So that was Christmas.....I hope yours was merry and bright as well.

Happy New Year.....!!

'til next time...........................Lorraine

9 comments:

Susan said...

I do known what you mean.....want to relax but not waste the time off. I think Rhi makes a gorgeous snow angel, looks like lots of cold fun. Good luck in the sewing room clean up.

Jen said...

Hello Lorraine, Happy New Year to you, I relate to what you say and I have been watching cricket and Sydney to Hobart also and love watching Smith bat even though my house looks like a bomb hit it. I must get motivated soon.

AnnieO said...

Great pics of your very good looking kids! A white Christmas and a Thai Christmas, very exotic :). Yesterday I did some cleaning some planning and some playing around. Today I'm going to sew! Back to work Monday and Tuesday, but then another break. Wish I'd taken next Friday off but was too late. Have a fantastic holiday. Love you secret santa gifts

Chookyblue...... said...

I love this time in between Xmas and NY........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I lnow jist what you mean...great family photos...and your FIS gifts are awesome...

Daisy Jayne said...

Hi the gifts look awesome... Thanks for sharing the great photos ... Off to make a start on finding my sewing room ... Then the pantry between Christmas and new year the big clean ups that one puts off

Daisy Jayne said...

Hi the gifts look awesome... Thanks for sharing the great photos ... Off to make a start on finding my sewing room ... Then the pantry between Christmas and new year the big clean ups that one puts off

Deb said...

Love the photo of Rhi making a snow angel, what fun. Its good for you to have a good break and do nothing structured Loz.Enjoy it!
Happy New Year 2015. Hope its wonderful.

Lounging with a Latte said...

Enjoyed catching up with your activities. I agree about how nice it is to not have routines for a while, my favourite time of the year is the week between christmas and new year, so relaxing.