Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sometimes its the little things.......

My "to do" list is long.....my stitching time at the moment is short.....so I am enjoying making some of the smaller projects on the list....and  couple of finishes have been had....not sure about the grammar there, but I will go with it anyway.....

First little finish was this Travel Tray.....I saw that Linda at Flourishing Palms had made a gazillion of these to take as gifts to friends attending QuiltCon which for those who may have been off the grid for the past couple of weeks took place in Austin, Texas recently.  You can find the pattern here on Angie Padilla's Bits 'n Pieces site. 

Blog reading and IG are my "go to" when I wake up at 3am and can't get back to sleep....perhaps it's all the new ideas that I get spinning around in my head that then keep me awake.....

My version of the Travel Tray utilised some of my UK fabric stash (and I will be looking for more soon....) ...I can see more of these in my future...quick and easy to make and super handy.....

so from this..

...to this...in a snap...or four snaps if you like....


this will take up very little room in a suitcase while traveling and makes a handy hold-all for stitching stuff or bits and pieces on a night stand.....the pattern can also be made up using velco, but I used snaps as I think Velcro can sometimes catch on other fabrics in a suitcase.

So to finish #2.......

I bought this pattern from Diane at From Blank Pages blog - and again it was a quick and easy project which bought instant gratification in the form of a finish....


Not the best pic in the world and had I made this for myself it would be in different fabric, but I made it for someone at work - very happy with this as well!

Apart from those two projects there has been very little stitching going on - I hope that will change soon! 

The travellers are still in Canada - enjoying a bit of time in Banff before leaving for the UK next week.  .....missing them both...a lot!!

The pic below stolen from Rhi's blog......

 
I have been waiting for a cooler weekend to do some weeding in the garden, and today was the day.....spent a lovely couple of hours removing weeds and tidying up a couple of plants that haven't made it though summer.....I am afraid it's the tough or the dead in my garden!
 
Some blooms from my lone rose bush......
 


and I will leave you with some favourite things on my hall stand.....

 
....and happy Autumn! 
 
 


6 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Autumn indeed, just waiting on the cool weather to come with it now. Very nice, handy finishes. Maybe it's holiday excitement keeping you awake.

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous pics dear Loz! Happy autumn!

Katie said...

Autumn. Really? I wish I could say it was spring here but I’m looking outside at ice. Sigh.

Love your little projects. :-)

Sue SA said...

Nifty little tray, perfect for lots of personal items by the bedside when travelling. I like the stand for the ipad as well, so many wonderful things to make!

Lynda said...

Those are great designs and so useful as presents or for yourself. Lovely photo of Rhi! I'm not so keen on the nip in the air at the moment - much prefer spring but it will be good when there's no more humidity.

Deb said...

hey lovely Loz. I love that tray idea, fabulous. Thanks for the intro to that blog also. The list of things to do this end is getting bigger also and now having gone back to work the time to do things has become shorter also. This work business is a pain in the butt really isn't it. Hope you are well dear friend, big cuddle for Rose. xx