Sunday, February 22, 2015

Amazing what you find when you aren't looking.....

To say nothing much is happening here is a gross understatement really - although I don't suppose you can have less than nothing going on?  One reason is the current hot spell but more whingeing about that below.....another reason was my one year check up following my surgery last January....this involved a day of prep and then the procedure for the surgeon to check his handiwork......I have to see him again in a couple of weeks, but his initial briefing while I was coming out of the anaesthetic was that everything looked ok and I might get to wait three years until my next encounter with the 'scope! Yay!!!   So ...to anyone reading this who have been putting off being tested for bowel cancer (or any other sort of cancer) please don't put it off any longer....end of sermon......

the weather for the past three weekends has been hot - really hot - which makes doing nothing really easy to achieve....roll on winter I say! 

The hot weather does have a couple of things going for it though.....

nice sunsets....


.....oh and the washing doesn't take long to dry....hard pressed to find many other good things though.....oh btw can someone please send some cheese and crackers to go with my "whine"......

I have done a little secret squirrel sewing.....but I can't show that yet....

I have also spent quite a bit of time in my sewing room just looking......not for anything in particular...just looking at some things I might like to do ...one day......

....I have found some really cool stuff..............like....

this Trish Harper pattern.......


.....and these zips for the Sew Together bag I plan to make ...one day....


..........and there are even some finished stitcheries hanging around .....just waiting.....to be made into something...one day.....


The only BOM I signed up for this year has been arriving and I am looking forward to making a start on it....you guessed it.....one day.......Natalie Bird's Bluebird Lane which I am doing with Linda at Gum Valley Patchwork......love this.....


I have also  been spending a bit of time on Instagram....well quite a bit of time actually.....and I found some stuff on there that I like as well......I think I have said before I love PDF patterns....and a couple of these have found their way into my sewing room as well......

One of these is the Tessa Basket by Pink Stitches.....you can find a lot of these popping up all over IG.....


I am also a big fan of Faith's work at Fresh Lemons Quilts - and I bought her Poinsettia pattern.....excuse the dreadful pic, but this quilt is amazing!  Hop over to Faith's site and check out her other work as well.......

This quilt involves paper piecing which to date has been one of my least favourite things to do, but for this quilt I am willing to have a crack at it again.......

 
So....even though there isn't much actually being stitched, there are plans afoot for that to change....soonish - I hope!
 
There are also some other plans afoot....but that reveal can wait for another day......
 
'til next time................Lorraine

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loz I am so pleased that you are okay,boy lots of lovely things to make on your list,hope you are enjoying your evening xx

Tazzie said...

I'm so glad all is well Loz hon, I've been thinking of you. Love all those patterns, I look forward to seeing you work on them.
Big hugs
Tazzie
:-)

Me and My Stitches said...

Glad your appointment went well...that is always a relief. Beautiful sunset - what a great way to end the hot day. It's super cold here, but I don't mind...I just stay in my sewing room!

Terry said...

I love that poinsettia pattern! I'd never make it, but I love it! Have fun with it! :0)

Cardygirl said...

Lots of lovely things that will get finished "one day", life would be so boring if we did not have UFOs to get up for! X

Shay said...

I’m right there with you sister...its been too hot really to do anything but meander round thinking about what I will do ...one day ...when the time is right.

At least you found the motivation to take some pictures...I cant even do that!

Sue SA said...

Looks like your busy, looking, thinking, planning and plotting. I am sure that will save you time in the long run...when the motivation hits! Its been too hot for motivation!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad the health check went well.......so many things on the list there............goodluck........

Leanne said...

Amazing what you can find when your not looking. I wouldn't comment on the weather.

Katie said...

Oh my! And here I am wishing it was summer! :-)

Lynda said...

Great news on your test results. So much on your sewing/stitching horizon. We're having some rain - I think it's coming from the cyclone up north.

Jo in TAS said...

Hi Loz, That's great news. I get on the sermon box too about early detection is the beat form of defence against any cancer. I'm looking forward to feeling better so my sewing mojo returns x

Susan said...

Hot weather doesn't really inspire much at all, I'm a fan of winter too. Good news about your results, definitely better to take a proactive approach.

Deb said...

Wahoo, so pleased things sound good after your checkup hun. You can keep your hot weather, I don't do heat well.
Loving your patterns that you are looking at, you're going to be a busy girl!

ehige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ehige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.