Sunday, May 24, 2015

And so to London...and Bath....

It was sad to say goodbye to Gail at the train station in Lichfied but I was also excited to be heading to London to catch up with the kids and start on my "to do/see in London" list. Although I had flown into London a couple of weeks earlier we had headed straight off on our road trip, so this was my first foray into this fabulous city since November 2012, and I had lots planned!

It was great to see the kids again and settle in for the next few weeks.....

Liberty was my first stop ...never disappointed with this place!

On the weekend we wandered into the city and had some fun on a bridge...

...and at a market....

Followed by a spot of tea here....

And a walk......

During the day while the kids were at work I amused myself wandering around the city and exploring the area they live, which coincidentally Is the same area I lived in when I lived in London 40 years ago....Streatham....

 

So that takes care of my first week in London.....the next week I took myself off to the beautiful city of Bath for a couple of days...getting around in the UK is so easy - love trains!

 
A few pics of this magnificent city....hard to choose from the many I took!

Interesting wallpaper in the hotel rest room....

 

No visit to Bath would be complete without a visit to the Roman Baths.....I joined a tour and whiled away the afternoon listening to the story of the Baths and their re-discovery.

....And the American Museum where I spent the better part of a day....beautiful displays of pre civil war America within the house and magnificent gardens! I was also lucky enough to be visiting on the day when a local quilt group were sitting and stitching in the quilt/ textile room...I spent some time chatting with these ladies and looking at the beautiful collection of quilts housed by the museum.

Bath was amazing and I loved my visit there.....but I had an appointment to meet a friend in London later that week, so it was back to the train station and London.....still a few adventures to be had before I had to go home!

'Til next time......Lorraine x

 

 

13 comments:

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Loz hon, I am loving the view of London and Bath we're seeing through your eyes and camera lens. I can't even tell you how envious I am that you've been to Liberty, it's on my bucket list for sure!
Hope I can catch up with you soon to see your amazing show and tell.
Hugs
Tazzie
😄😄

AnnieO said...

What bliss to spend weeks with your loved ones and visit so many special and beautiful sites. Love the pics you shared. So green and gorgeous, unlike our brown brown brown hills and mountains.

Shay said...

Liberty looks amazing... I suspect one could put a fair dent in a credit card there .

Your other pictures make me feel like I was in England with you . Love seeing your trip through your pictures.

Jeanette said...

Love seeing photo's of your trip. So beautiful the countryside. Hugs,xx

Googy Girl said...

wow your photo's are amazing, liberty's looks just divine. London looks fabulous

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow Loz thanks so much for the your journey via photos I feel like I am having a holiday to

Anonymous said...

Hi Loz wow what a wonderful post,you have been and seen some wonderful places,Thankyou for sharing xx

Deb said...

OMGosh Loz, Liberty looks truly amazing. That would be a whole day wasted alone. Your photos are beautiful and the memories you have to look at regularly will be priceless. A bit worried by the green colour of the roman baths, not feeling a dip tempting me at all. The countryside is truly beautiful.Again thanks for sharing

Susan said...

Ditto what everyone else said! It all looks like a wonderful trip. Thanks for the pics.

Kath said...

Hello Loz, so happy you are enjoying our country. I enjoyed the photos of London, as I rarely ever go there! Bath however is on my doorstep and the American museum is one of our favourites. Did you manage to see the permanent exhibition of quilts?

Lynda said...

Such a beautiful country. I'll get back there one day :) I loved the L on the jug at your Harrods high tea - especially for you.

MarneyMay said...

Beautiful photos they brought bake so many memories of our trip to England so many years ago
Glad you have haing a good time
cheers Pauline

Jen said...

HI! Loz, Lovely to see your photos, brings back memories. I can see why you call in to Liberty. Wonderful to be able to go and spend time with your family and have such great adventures.