Saturday, April 9, 2016

Friends in Stitching - Helen Stubbings swap

The theme for the first swap for the online stitching group for 2016 was - Helen Stubbings - well, one of Helen's patterns anyway!  

I made for Jo - and must admit to feeling the pressure a bit as Jo is Helen's right hand girl (so to speak) and helps out in Quarter Inch - Helen's new shop in Hobart.....which I plan to get to "one day".....

Anyhoo....I digress......it took me ages to decide on a pattern, then a little while longer procrastinating over fabrics ......finally got it finished with a bit of time to spare and posted it off over a week before "opening day"......I bought the pattern, Hexie on the Go Bag (yep, there are those hexis again!) from Linda at Gum Valley Patchwork last year at Stitch in Spring where Helen was one of the tutors....

and this was the finished product.....I hope Jo likes it....I did!






'Til next time...............Lorraine

6 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute little pouch, I'm sure Jo loves it.

Jo in TAS said...

I love it Loz! Thank you! I've sold many of this pattern but have never made it for myself. I can't wait to show the boss!

Jan said...

Just lovely, Loz! No wonder Jo likes it so much. xx

Sue SA said...

What a great little pattern, love the thread holder and all the pockets - plus your clever stitching on the front!

Leanne said...

Your project is beautiful Lorraine, love the fabrics you used. Congratulations on your new Grandson, he is adorable.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Great project. Love it.