Sunday, May 15, 2016

Not even going to try to make excuses....

...for how long it's been since I blogged....it's just been busy....and fun....and life!  I will start with an apology to De from our on line stitching group....I haven't yet posted pics of the project she made me in the Helen Stubbings swap.....sorry De.....!  

The choccies of course are long gone....but the cute zippered hexi pouch lives on .....very useful and I love it....thanks De!  


So what else has been going on in my life....work of course....which fills in five days a week.....but the odd bit of stitching as well....most of the recent makes have been for a certain little man who is now six weeks old and growing like a mushroom...changing daily and filling our hearts with love and happiness......

The first little finish is a panel I have had in my stash for ages just waiting ......it was a quick finish and I was pleased with my efforts with a bit of free motion quilting......







Next cab off the rank took a little while longer to finish......mainly because I procrastinated over every step....auditioned a couple of backgrounds.....both from Jen Kingwell's Behind the Scenes range....there certainly are a lot of useful fabrics in that range.....!!  I sourced mine locally from Hetties Patch.....


....then it was borders.......and it stayed on the sewing room floor for a few days while I thought about them.....


....decided in the end to add a pop of orange....... and .......the finished top ready to send off to be quilted...


then it was back....thank you Sharon at Patchwork on Parade for a quick turn-around.....and ready for binding...more procrastination.......finally decided on a blue and yellow scrappy binding.....and then it was ready for a wash and dry.......
     
                         

....and.....done!  cotton batting "crinkled" nicely in the dryer.......all ready to gift on Mothers' Day last Sunday........


Lenny giving it a test run.....



 .....and 'telling' his Mum all about it..........


a pic of Terri and Lenny as they were about to leave on Mothers Day......


I think Lenny found it all a bit of a yawn....it's a tiring time for little ones....all this photo taking!

.....Not quite caught up yet....since my last post the Autumn colours have come ....and pretty much gone......the ornamental pears in the front garden always look stunning.....





.......... there have been local events the kids have attended .......Rhiannon and Wade ready to head out for a football club dinner function.....


...and some time ago before I implemented my spending freeze I ordered a Project Sweetwater box......and I wasn't disappointed with it....some fun projects included and of course some fabric goodness....I do love the new Volume II range...and the text fabric includes the name of our own Hetties Patch!




So I think that's about it.....although I am sure I have missed something...it has been a while since I posted. 

'til next time.........Lorraine

6 comments:

Carline said...

Welcome back. I missed you. Carline in the US, Pacific NW

Susan said...

The panel quilt is good, but yours is awesome! I love the pic of Lenny talking to his mum about it, so sweet. Spectacular autumn leaves, it's my favourite time of year.

Lynda said...

Lots of goodies for your little sweetie. He's so gorgeous. The trees in your area are spectacular.

Kath said...

Such lovely photos and there's Terri, just had a baby and looking as slim as a wand. Little Lenny is just adorable, I bet you can't stop hugging and kissing him.
You are a beautiful family, Rhiannon and Wade look very handsome for thier night out.

Unknown said...

You've been missed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Loz,love both the quilts they are so cute and love the pics of Lenny,they grow so fast ,lovely pics of your family Loz ,hope your day is a good one my friend :)