Sunday, August 20, 2017

Won't even try to explain......

my absence from this blog......I guess there isn't really any reason anyway.....it's just finding a little time to update it....which is what I am going to try and do now.......

Soooo.....since I was here last I have been busy with work and with family - getting to spend some time on weekends with the kids and grandies.....loving it!  I have also been doing a little stitching but I haven't taken many photos of what I have been doing.... oooops......

When I was away in June I bought a kit for a flannel quilt from Ruby and Kate - it's now finished and being enjoyed by Ezra - who is now five months old.....wow....time does fly by!!  Here he is on the back-side of the quilt......


 Lenny is growing up fast as well....going from baby to toddler in what seems like the blink of an eye......He loves my Primavera quilt....I think it's the bright colours.....these pics were taken a while ago when he had a day with Granny....these pics were also taken before his first haircut.......



Chatting to Rose through the door......


Ezra having enjoying a song from Dad....and finding his feet are interesting as well......


Breakfast with the kids while I was in town a few weeks ago....Lenny waiting to get his hands on his babyccino......



I did get the binding stitched down on Primavera......

....last weekend was Terri's birthday and they were going out on Friday and Sunday nights, so I stayed for the weekend....by coincidence there was a cancellation in a class at Hetties Patch with Kathy Doughty.....so Saturday and part of Sunday I spent there! Perfect!!

Kathy is a fabulous teacher and very giving of her time.....the project we worked on was Love Birds from her book Mixing Quilt Elements - apart from some terrific patterns the book also contains some great tips for cutting/choosing fabrics etc....well worth a place on the bookshelf! or in my case on the table next to my chair in the lounge for easy reference!




Because I was a late inclusion in the class my preparation time was limited so I threw in some fabrics I thought might be useful, packed the car, took Rose to her hotel for the weekend and hit the road!


 Looks like a ghost bird, but merely my way of ensuring I didn't lose any of the pieces I need to make Bird #2....


.....and bird #1......


 I haven't had time this week to carry on with the block.....so hopefully I can make some time next weekend....I did think I may get to it today, but it's been pretty much taken up with household chores ...*yawn*.....I even had a big (and long overdue) clean up/out in the pantry....gosh there were things in there that had been there a long, long time!....it's much better now!  ...and it's always nice going in to the working week with a clean house and an empty wash basket...well I think so anyway!.

Whilst we have had a week of cold wet weather some mornings when I go to the gym have been amazing.......cold, clear and with the moon still up...


Some sunsets have also been amazing....


last weekend while I was away Spring arrived at my house!  the trees were looking like they were ready to burst out in bud when I left, and with some sunshine over the weekend out they came!  These ornamental pear trees always look stunning especially in Spring and Autumn and in summer they provide great shade.

Also about to look lovely is the weeping acacia ......


Of course the blossoms attract a lot of these little guys, busy buzzing around collecting pollen......

plenty of blossoms waiting in the wings...like miniature bouquets.....




Speaking of mornings at the gym I snapped this on my phone the other morning as we left....my gym buddy couldn't resist getting in there....well her water bottle at least.......


I am loving the gym - whilst I don't usually love getting up early I love the feeling I have once we have finished the session.......with warmer weather on the way I sure getting up early will get easier.......well, that's what I keep telling myself.

Nights this week will be spent finishing the hand quilting on this flannel play quilt for Lenny.....it's a nice bright alphabet panel and is easy stitching - also keeps my legs warm while I stitch :)


Time to go.....'til next time...................Lorraine

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wonderful catch up post! Your grandbabies are growing up so quickly.

Sue SA said...

Great catch up. I admire you putting family, chores and gym first, then still fitting in sewing time!

Lynda said...

So much happening. Life is just so busy these days. Ezra and Lenny are just gorgeous! Spending time with them must make your heart happy. Loads of beautiful photos.

AnnieO said...

Fun catch-up with you, love all the baby pics. They sure do grow up so fast. Glad you're able to play Granny and stitch quilts for them! Your class sure produced some colorful plumage, and the tree blossoms are pretty. I miss my ornamental Pear, which perished in our long drought. The Avocado tree is producing again, though after the nice winter rains we had--so many months ago! The Gym, what's that? Lol

Joolz said...

Time slips away, doesn't it? I'm trying to catch up my blog as I have been MIA since June. I'll post some random stories based on phone pictures to catch up. I miss blogging and the community.
I came to realise last night while using my pc, that it is just so outdated. Chrome, Firefox and even iTunes won't accept updates because its outdated sooooo, new pc is on the horizon! I just need to transfer my 47,000,000 pictures onto an external hard drive! Eek!
Enjoy you grand babies, they are so cute!

Cherrs - Joolz xx

Blogger said...

Did you hear there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attraction for you deep within his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, treasure and protect you with all his heart...

12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Response

This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to work better than before to build your relationship stronger.

As a matter of fact, fueling this influential impulse is absolutely mandatory to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You will immediately find him expose his heart and soul to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly tempted him.