Sunday, February 1, 2015

Nudge, nudge.....

I think that's what my sister was doing today when she phoned to ask me what was "normal programming" and when did I think I might really get back to it!?  I have had good intentions of doing a blog post, and we all know where that road leads! 

So where to start (it's been so long I had to go back and read my last post to see where I was......but before I fill you in on what I have been up to I tell you what Mark and Terri did last weekend.......


I am very excited and really happy for them!  ....I think I have a little while to choose the Mother of the Groom frock....and I guess it means a wedding quilt as well.....

....so back to what I have been up to......nothing quite as exciting as getting engaged, but ......I have had a couple of stitching days...one with the NTFW group....where Claire showed off some bunting made for Helen's new grandson...


and look how happy Shay was to receive some gingerbread paraphernalia ...tissues (who knew!) and a sure fire, no fail Velcro-together gingerbread house complete with witch and children!...
 

 I had better do this in some sort of order...because being orderly is how I roll.......the Tour Down Under came to the Barossa......and just as quickly left again on their way to the city....but the riders did come past the office a couple of times so I managed to get a couple of pics......it's quick, but colourful.......


 

A few days later it was time for the Australia Day breakfast.......again......I think I have been organising this for about 10 years now and every year I worry that I have forgotten some major component of the morning, but thankfully (to date!) I haven't.....this was my view from the stage as around 1,000 people filed in for breakfast catered for by one of the local service clubs......and the band played.....


 a very happy me after the event with Vincent who works with me and volunteers as MC each year.....
 

Work is pretty busy for me at this time of year but most evenings (the ones where I have stayed up past 8.30!) have seen me doing some hand stitching.....my little bird has quite a nest there now! 
 
 
I finished the stitchery and borders on the second of the Kathy Schmitz Easter stitcheries....
 
 
and in somewhat of a Gail Pan-athon I finished the little mini "in a pear tree" and the stitcheries for a couple of other projects....
 

The first of the Easter rabbits has been hand quilted and the binding is on ready to stitch down tonight.......

Yesterday I caught up with the girls for another stitching day and Linda gave us a sneak peek of a quarter of her QAYG quilt she is making for her son's birthday later this year.....(that's a shadow on it btw......)


I had a productive afternoon and played with some little squares of Gardenvale by Jen Kingwell......and now I have little hexagons....there is a plan for these which hopefully will come to fruition sooner rather than later......


I have never been a fan of Pinterest (and enough people have 'fessed up to how much time they spend on there that I have never bothered with it.....) but I do find myself spending a little bit of time on Instragram.....and have found some great projects and ideas for future projects on there...this one was on Molly Flanders IG feed as well as her blog...Mary also gave me the Flowering Snowball inspiration!! A blog and IG worth following IMHO.

The block is by Liz Harvatine and is the LAMQG (LA Modern Quilt Guild) Block of the Month for January 2015.  The block can be purchased from Liz and I love that PDF patterns are so instant!  I couldn't wait to get started on this and was very pleased with the way it went together.  I love curves!  (well, I could do with a few less of them myself, but for stitching they are awesome!) 
 


So....that's about it I think.......off to organise some dinner and then some hand stitching while watching the tennis.....

'Til next time......Lorraine

11 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations. Wedding news is always exciting. Lots of happy stitching days happening. I love the bunny stitchery. Fantastic new block, will make an amazing quilt.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love the way your soon to be daughter said 'yes' how cute!!!
and I want your job if I get to work with that fellow that is holding the balloons--now that is 'cute'!!!!
and what wonderful stitcheries you are doing--keep up the good work--
smiles, diandmissgracie

Cardygirl said...

How wonderful, congratulations to the happy couple!
Your stitching all looks beautiful too!

Shay said...

I hear you sister ...I’d be surprised if anyone in Blogland even remembers my name these days . Sewing here is also non existent. I think I may have forgotten how to do it.

Congratulations to Terri and Mark. That’s fabulous news !!!!!!

I was thinking of you on Australia Day because I know that’s a biggie for you. Glad it all went well, and don’t you look gorgeous !

AnnieO said...

Congrats to Mark &Teri, cute picture :). You've been busy but not blogging, seems to be a common theme these days. Love all your stitching and want one of those gingerbread playhouses Shay got! Pinterest is a total time suck and I haven't brought myself to start Instagram and have yet another social media to catch up on daily!

Daisy Jayne said...

Congrats....wonderful news and a great photo, Great new block looking forward to your journey...

Deb said...

Oh Loz, how exciting for you to have the engagement to celebrate. Thats fabulous. Great way for Terri to show you what happened. I must admit to getting a bit bored with Instagram as a lot of it gets repeated on FB and I just haven't got the time to keep up. This year I am trying to revamp my interest in my blog but I don't think anyone really bothers to read it, well no more than 4 or 5.
I absolutely adore those Kathy Schmitz stitcheries, must look out for them.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG what wonderful news.......a wedding to plan for........and lots of wonderful sewing.........you look great....glad the big day went off well once again.........

Sue said...

Oh wow, congrats Terri and Mark. Love the announcement. A wedding quilt...mmmm....got me thinking. My son gets married late October. Something I could do.......but what?
Love your curvy block. And btw, you're looking pretty good Loz.
I don't get Instagram.

Unknown said...

Love the Announcement photo ️Congratulations too the Happy Couple...Very Exciting! Those Bunnies are too Cute..you look Well Loz
Take Care

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness, I'm way behind on my blog reading as you see, what an amazing post! But most especially, congratulations to the happy couple, what wonderful news!!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)